• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

School strip searches 13 yr old girl for alleged possession of....

The great leverage which the BOE holds is the fact that they are 'protecting' all the children, a charge which they cannot and should not take lightly but seem to relish as a challenge to find the extremes. One cannot overlook the tragedies of late to see why they might feel the need to exercize such extreme control.

Yeah, this is the root of the school's "rights." A school is considered to be the acting parent, with surprisingly few limitations, while the child is in its custody. But this reflects how our society has been moving, where schools are the ones that raise kids starting from an obscenely young age (I think the common practice of putting kids in day-care when they are 6-weeks old is criminal, but that's another issue).

One thing I have been wondering the past few days is what would happen to the kid if she fought them on the strip search, would the school call the cops, parents, ect prior to forcing her to go through that? If I found out my kid (no matter if they were my son or daughter) was strip searched without my concent or at least even a police officer of the same sex present, especially on a rumor started by another student I would be furious!

should be mandatory to call the parents before any questions or searches are performed, for christs sake even criminals get a lawyer and a phone call.......

One thing I have been wondering the past few days is what would happen to the kid if she fought them on the strip search, would the school call the cops, parents, ect prior to forcing her to go through that?
I was thinking the same thing. 'Take a pretty ballsy kid, specially that young. But if she refused, backed into a corner, started screaming her fool head off, bite,scratch kick anyone tired to touch her and wait for a parent to arrive. She'd get in trouble(at least to start with), but anyone who taught their kid to react like that would leave that school with a big bag full of someone else's a**.

I could see the teacher outside the nurses office; "Nothing to see here kids, go on to class."
"So then why is she screaming rape?"

I was thinking the same thing. 'Take a pretty ballsy kid, specially that young. But if she refused, backed into a corner, started screaming her fool head off, bite,scratch kick anyone tired to touch her and wait for a parent to arrive. She'd get in trouble(at least to start with), but anyone who taught their kid to react like that would leave that school with a big bag full of someone else's a**.

I could see the teacher outside the nurses office; "Nothing to see here kids, go on to class."

Dunno - sounds about right to me.

I know I'd have reacted that way. I'd have left the building that day with a big bag full of someone else's arse - mom would have gotten the rest out of them later, and my granddad would probably have hovered about to make sure none got missed.

While I'm all for the safety of children, Draconian measures like this taken up in that name is going entirely too damned far. They're worried about a little Motrin? If I hear someone is being strip-searched, they'd better be doing it to make sure the Keister Bunny doesn't have something actually dangerous (even that's relative. I - and quite a few others - carried pocketknives on a daily basis in school. The staff and faculty knew all about it, and it was fine by them. You just got your arse handed to you on a plate, well done, if you actually pulled it out to use it in a fight. Then your parents got hold of you afterwards...

(I had a kid stab me in the forearm with a pencil once upon a time. After he got it extracted from his backside, the school went after him and had him expelled outright for Battery with Intent. Sounded about right to me.

(I found out later he ended up in prison. No-one asked me if I was surprised - but the answer would be No.)

I wasn't even thinking of that, I was just thinking of the kid refusing like in the thread about letting the cops search your car, but depending on how aggresive the school is about the strip search, why not?

Back