• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

moving to PA

find a local member and ask him what shop he uses for inspections. its not like jeep guys are the only people who run illegal parts on the street.

Just keep any replies about shops in PM form as to not make public shops that will "help a brother out". Don't want any reason to get that shop in trouble. Thi should be common sense but I have seen info like this posted for all the world to see.:dunce:

While we're on the topic. I'm moving to Princeton, NJ from Denver (I know, I know...) this summer with a job transfer. I have the same issue with the inspections. Here's my run down:

'99 Classic with NP242
RE 4.5 Kit
RE drop brackets
RE adj control arms
JKS sway bar discos and RE sway bar lowering kit
RE leafs with shackles and shackle relocation brackets
Dynaflow cat back exhaust
Cut off the front air dam to increase tire clearance and impove approach angle
Removed fog lights
Removed rear sway bar
PowerTrax no-slip in Chry 8.25, open in front with Dana 35
Roll on 31 BFG AT's but I'm looking to go to either 31 or 33 BFG mud terrains for east coast wheeling. Changed backspace 1" with new rims (I don't have spacers)
OME Nitros all around
Tom Woods custom driveshaft
Lift is 5" in front and 6" in back unloaded. When I load up for a wheeling weekend the back levels off around 4.5" with a 45deg shackle angle.

I'm most worried about having inspection issues with the drop brackets and shackle relocation brackets. I've done some research on NJ rules and it's hard to tell if they do a full inspection or a "stability test". When I get closer to the move I was going to call them just to feel out how I stack up. My rig is fairly conservative compared to the other stuff you see going down the road in colorado. I'm already assuming I will have to put some fog lights on. Just passed colorado emissions a year ago.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!!

Dude, some of the stuff I've seen around Grand Junction and Montrose are awesome. I saw a guy cruising down the 70 in an xj that must have had full width axles and like 3" backspaced rims. his tires must have been 14" wide and weren't even close to being inside the fender wells. sweet rig.

Lived in Denver and been back a few times. Miss the hell out of it! Welcome to PA! Sometimes it does depend on who you know. Use PMs with some of the locals on the site to determine where is best.
Good luck, Stukboy

Thanks gang. Looking like it will be July when we finally move. Hopefully the upper trails will open early so I can get some trips in before the moving van shows up!

Fidget - it was great to meet you tonight. The XJ looks great!!

Sure hope you can make it out to NACFest .... and give me a call anytime if you want to work on the Jeep, I'm 15 minutes away.

Back