• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

legalize it?

I still don't think you can compare weed to crack or huffing paint. And I don't buy the whole pot as a gate way drug at all. I think that those who will get in to hard drugs such as cocaine will do so with or with out smoking weed.

As I said before I personally don't smoke, but I do think it should be re-legalized. Because it was criminalized for political reasons nothing else. I also believe that it is hypocritical of the government to have alcohol legal and weed illegal.

I don't agree with ya, but I do respect where your coming from

The problem with legalizing everything is that as you keep saying, marijuana is a rather different drug than meth or coke. Have you ever known someone to take a shot of Jack or a puff off the pipe and keel over dead before they even exhale? No? People do from heroine all the time. If people were allowed to do any drug legally, there'd be a much greater likelihood that we would start seeing them behind the wheel more frequently. Once behind the wheel, they inherently become a threat to everyone in their path. You may believe that it's fine to smoke and drive, but then so does the drunk guy think it's ok to drink and drive. So will the guy on cocaine.

As I've said, legalize marijuana or don't legalize it. Some people can smoke and still be functional, others become complete idiots. It's the same with alcohol. Some people will have a beer or two others will drink a case. Some will be functional, others will be idiots. Comparing a pot smoker to an alcoholic makes no sense. Comparing a pot addict (THC is addictive) to an alcoholic makes more sense.

How about we divert funds that currently go to the war on drugs, and put more officers on the street that are specialy trained to stop impaired drivers?

That way everyone is safe AND happy.

The problem with legalizing everything is that as you keep saying, marijuana is a rather different drug than meth or coke. Have you ever known someone to take a shot of Jack or a puff off the pipe and keel over dead before they even exhale? No? People do from heroine all the time. If people were allowed to do any drug legally, there'd be a much greater likelihood that we would start seeing them behind the wheel more frequently. Once behind the wheel, they inherently become a threat to everyone in their path. You may believe that it's fine to smoke and drive, but then so does the drunk guy think it's ok to drink and drive. So will the guy on cocaine.

As I've said, legalize marijuana or don't legalize it. Some people can smoke and still be functional, others become complete idiots. It's the same with alcohol. Some people will have a beer or two others will drink a case. Some will be functional, others will be idiots. Comparing a pot smoker to an alcoholic makes no sense. Comparing a pot addict (THC is addictive) to an alcoholic makes more sense.

THC is not physically addictive. The user does not develop a physical dependence on it. Now it is habit forming, but that is purely psychological.

THC is not physically addictive. The user does not develop a physical dependence on it. Now it is habit forming, but that is purely psychological.
Tomayto tomahto. Physically addicting or psychologically addicting, people become addicted. Either way I know a couple people who are physically addicted. At least one of them however has a prescription for it to deal with chronic pain from multiple injuries while younger.

I think a mental addiction is worse than a physical addiction......weak minded people are often worse than physically weak people....

As General Patton said:

"If you are going to win any battle, you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do... the body is never tired if the mind is not tired..."

Simply...it is better to be mentally strong than physically strong...

Be careful how you respond.The government is monitoring.Rednecks and stoners alike.It's a brave new world and a thousand points of light.
meh. ive been on the watchlist since i joined the nra,probably before then.

If you don't beleive me some how I just posed a question about "members discount"on a modified tech forum And I got a reponse that said if your name is not red than your not a member. Note how fast the rsponce came back.It's on orfab quarter panels
well, its true. pay up then you can reap the total rewards that you can get with a membership to NAXJA.
and with the amount of people on here at any given time,how can you really be surprised on how fast someone responded?

Never did pot'even if it was legal if you showed up on my jobsite you would be fired on the spot same with drinking life is hard and really hard if your stupid ; so why smoke crap that makes you stupid ?

Finally a step in the RIGHT direction.

AP Newsbreak: New medical marijuana policy issued

By DEVLIN BARRETT, Associated Press Writer Devlin Barrett, Associated Press Writer – 6 mins ago
WASHINGTON – The Obama administration will not seek to arrest medical marijuana users and suppliers as long as they conform to state laws, under new policy guidelines to be sent to federal prosecutors Monday.
Two Justice Department officials described the new policy to The Associated Press, saying prosecutors will be told it is not a good use of their time to arrest people who use or provide medical marijuana in strict compliance with state laws.
The new policy is a significant departure from the Bush administration, which insisted it would continue to enforce federal anti-pot laws regardless of state codes.
Fourteen states allow some use of marijuana for medical purposes: Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington.

More here...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091019/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_medical_marijuana

If you don't beleive me some how I just posed a question about "members discount"on a modified tech forum And I got a reponse that said if your name is not red than your not a member. Note how fast the rsponce came back.It's on orfab quarter panels
you're wacked, put your tinfoil hat on please. Also, there are a few thousand people on this forum and you asked a very easily answered question...

Finally a step in the RIGHT direction.

AP Newsbreak: New medical marijuana policy issued

More here...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091019/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_medical_marijuana

So, you’re excited about our President and the DOJ arbitrarily selecting which laws they choose to enforce?

First they fail to enforce immigration laws and now they are turning their head on Federal drug laws? If they are going to change the law, it needs to go before Congress and follow due process…i.e. a vote by the elected representative of We the People of each State.

If the law is changed to allow the use of medicinal pot, then it is because the Will of the People of the US agree on it, not because our President has the right to selectively enforce laws when it’s convenient.

We live in a Republic, not a Dictatorship…….last time I checked.

So, you’re excited about our President and the DOJ arbitrarily selecting which laws they choose to enforce?

First they fail to enforce immigration laws and now they are turning their head on Federal drug laws? If they are going to change the law, it needs to go before Congress and follow due process…i.e. a vote by the elected representative of We the People of each State.

If the law is changed to allow the use of medicinal pot, then it is because the Will of the People of the US agree on it, not because our President has the right to selectively enforce laws when it’s convenient.

We live in a Republic, not a Dictatorship…….last time I checked.
Technically speaking though, shouldn't this be a state issue? The original plan for our nation involved the states being largely independent with the Fed providing for the common defense, a common currency, and regulation of trade.

Technically speaking though, shouldn't this be a state issue? The original plan for our nation involved the states being largely independent with the Fed providing for the common defense, a common currency, and regulation of trade.

Well that was kind of thrown out the window about 150 years ago...:soapbox:

Well that was kind of thrown out the window about 150 years ago...:soapbox:

Concur, time for a 1776 reboot...... remove all the laws from the books and start off with the basic con and bor's, then go from there. That should keep the lawyers busy for the next 100 or so years..... Thats AFTER they start graduating again, part of the reboot would be to shoot all the lawyers or better yet, put a dollar amount on each one then drop them in China, should reduce our debt to them....then let china deal with them. Of course if we did that we'd have a blood enemy on our hands for at least 10 generations, having that many chinese pissed at us might not be a such a good thing.... :D :D :D :D

There you go again, Darky.....referencing the Constitution the logical process created by our Founding Father for the prevention of tyranny. :confused1

The main problem in Washington is that there is a majority in place, mainly due to the lack of term limits, who feels that THEY know what's better for the American people than the American people do.....hence the prevelant practice of Marxist philosophies.

The States should absolutely be in contol of issues like this.

I smoke several times, and made it my goal is to not let anyone onto my habits. I dress well, have no trouble holding a job, and definitely consider myself a functioning member of society.
I have plenty of friends who aren't like this, but they were the same before any of them started smoking. Weed didn't make them lazy, they were just lazy people.
The only friends I have who do harder stuff were screwed up since the beginning, before any of us ever started smoking.

I've never had any desire to do anything harder than pot, and hopefully won't. Started smoking about 4 years ago, so hopefully nothing will change.

Most of my dealers are very nice people, and I'm good friends with them. They have no desire to start dealing harder drugs, because someone buying coke will probably be a little edgier than a friend like me dropping by to pick up. Also, unrelated to the issue but an argument I see frequently is "what if your dealer laces the weed?" Almost no pot dealer would EVER "lace" weed. It's a great way to get beaten up, and putting more expensive drugs into weed makes no sense. No sane person would ever put $50 of coke into $20 worth of weed and incur the $50 loss. I say "almost no dealer" because I'm sure you can go find someone on a street corner to sell you laced bud, but no legitimate dealer would do that.

lol....legitimate dealer....

Just noticed that should be "several times a day," not "I've smoked several times." That mix-up would definitely have an impact on the legitimacy of my post.

Yup 12 legal azz plants in the basement as we speak. 1200watts of high pressure sodium and growing hydroponically allow me to harvest 4-5 times a year. That gives me about 40-60lbs/year. I would much rather :smoker: in the privacy of my own home and :speepin: than get all :cheers: and end up :puke: I personally would much rather climb into a car with someone that is blazed, than ride with a drunk driver. I would have to say that ~70% of the people that live in my area blaze. Sure they are people that are so called "potheads" that are lazy and pretty worthless. But there people that have no trouble holding down a job, paying bills, putting food on the table. I know plenty of coke heads that hold down a job and have not trouble feeding their family. What they do in the privacy in thier home is thier business and no one elses.

Last edited:
Yup 12 legal azz plants in the basement as we speak. 1200watts of high pressure sodium and growing hydroponically allow me to harvest 4-5 times a year. That gives me about 40-60lbs/year. I would much rather :smoker: in the privacy of my own home and :speepin: than get all :cheers: and end up :puke: I personally would much rather climb into a car with someone that is blazed, than ride with a drunk driver. I would have to say that ~70% of the people that live in my area blaze. Sure they are people that are so called "potheads" that are lazy and pretty worthless. But there people that have no trouble holding down a job, paying bills, putting food on the table. I know plenty of coke heads that hold down a job and have not trouble feeding their family. What they do in the privacy in thier home is thier business and no one elses.

pictures!!!! :wave:

Back