• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Contrary to what a lot of people believe...

Bent

Only Marble Sharp
NAXJA Member
...the mechanic did not sabotage your vehicle. You get your car back and then something else goes out. It happens people. LOL. Whimper, whimper, whimper.

I replaced the manifold, and upgraded injectors on the MJ. Everything was fine. Then I was letting was letting it idle up to temp before an oil change; it just died. Would barely restart and idle. Fuel pump, not the MAP. Thinking about it, though, it had given me indications for awhile now. Swapped in a new Carter and it purrs like a kitten. Wait a minute, what is that squeak? Banging head against the wall in self pity. Where is that smiley when you need it? The squeak is timed perfectly with the printing on the belt going around the circa 1987 alternator. Confirmed with a length of hose. Such an invaluable tool. Old school FTW! Thanks Dad. New Delco Gold arrived this morning. If it wasn't for the ninetylevin bolts to loosen the belt. Pissy-moany.

I maintain my innocence with regards to sabotaging the truck. I swear! :ROFLMAO:

Hah, I sure know that feeling!

I spent close to a decade slinging tires and you would not believe the amount of times I was accused of breaking their air conditioning or something else, after doing a tire rotation.

Lots of it genuine as well. People just don't pay attention to their vehicles, except for the walk arounds when picking up from a shop. Usually all it took was pointing out the rust in the "fresh" scratch on their paint.

New scratch? I don't own anything anymore that I could notice.

Actually, to be perfectly honest, I did start noticing a slight squeak about a year ago. But still...

Back