• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

94 Cherokee in Central PA

Digger Franson

NAXJA Forum User
I bought this 1994 Jeep Cherokee used in May 2000 and it had 133,560 miles on it at the time and was a stock jeep.
144386 miles, Automatic, Green with Gray cloth interior, Radio/Cassette, AC, 4x4, 6 cyl 4 liter.
In 2002, I modified it with the following:
3" Rough Country suspension lift with Heckethorn shocks
Old Man Emu steering stabilizer
31x10.50x15 BFG All Terrain KO tires with 60% tread left
Black Rockcrawler 15x8 wheels
ARB Bullbar (without the winch mount) front bumper with fog lights
Tail-light guards
Rear window delfector
Clear front turn-signal lights
Side window deflectors

The diamond-plating is a self-adhesive hard plastic that I bought from Custom Wood and Dash. I modified the jeep just for looks rather than for off-roading. It has the stock AM/FM Cassette stereo that is in great working condition. Interior seats have minor stains. I run it every now and then to keep the battery charged. I have had no accidents with this Jeep. I do not have repair receipts. I bought a newer SUV and have bills to pay so I need to sell this. It also comes with a bug deflector, Haynes repair manual and new bushings that I never got the chance to put on it.

Now for the rust: The carpet behind the passenger seat was cut and folded back to patch a rust hole with sheet metal and bondo above the muffler for the January 2006 inspection. It would not pass the 2005 inspection due to rusted rocker panels, so I riveted sheet-metal over both sides from the rocker panels to the frame and sprayed all of it with rubberized undercoating. Since the rust is covered with the sheet metal and cannot be seen, it will pass PA inspection. Rust was developing under the fuel door, and I sanded and put herculiner on it to protect it. I replaced the driver's front fender 2 years ago with a prepainted fender that I bought on ebay and also the oil pan was replaced. The tailgate is hard to open due to the lock being rusted. The last time it was opened, the locking mechanism was rusted as well as the receiver. I tried sanding down the receiver pin and sprayed it with PB Blaster but now it is very hard to open. The paint was starting to fade on the roof and in front of the wiper blades, so I put some black herculiner on it to protect it. It is inspected until January 2008 and it runs great and drives great especially in the snow. I have never had any engine or transmission problems. The only bad thing appearance-wise about it is the sheet metal. The battery is over a year old. I have been having problems with the driver's side front door. The inside handle is loose and sometimes the door won't open. The door panel is off but can be re-attached.

It is being sold as-is and is being advertised locally. The Kelley Blue Book value is $2225 for fair condition. I am asking $1800 cash. Someone has already tried to scam me with a fake cashier's check so there will be a 2 week wait for all checks to clear. The vehicle is no longer licensed but you will be able to get a temporary tag once the title is transferred over, or you can pay to haul it away. However, my town does not have a 24 hour notary public so pre-arrangements will have to be made. If you have any questions, or you would like to come see or testdrive the jeep, please feel free to contact me by email [email protected] serious inquiries will get my phone number. Please do not email me with trade offers. I will not sell the bullbar separately or anything else. The Jeep will be sold as is with no warranty. I can assist the buyer with shipping arrangements at the buyer's expense.

VIN: 1J4FJ68S7RL105270
Clearfield, PA 16830 (for driving directions)

Photos: http://www.myspace.com/digger70 click on 'Pics'

You can see what it looked like stock here:
http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/mcfranson/

Back