• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good deal at Harbor Freight

bhicks

NAXJA Forum User
They just took off $100 off their 8k winch to bring it down to $250. I'm not saying this is a good winch by any means, just a good deal. I used this winch a couple years ago on my TJ and it failed me on numerous occassions, BUT they also never questionned me when I returned it and recieved a new one. Others swear by these and say they never fail them. Maybe there was a period when they made some bad ones and that's when I bought mine. Either way, I'm just passing on the add. You need to scroll down a little to find it.

http://widgets.harborfreight.com/ws...10B_direct.html&cust=00134126262&keycode=0000

I used one on my LJ when I had it. Worked every darn time.

They're slow, loud and surprisingly very reliable.

I had mine in 2008...These have the same internals as Milemarker winches sold by 4wheel parts.

They certainly aren't the best, but if you can keep the solenoids working (I think the new ones have an updated Solenoid Pack) they don't seem to die.

I have one on the front of my Jeep that I've never had to unspool (yet), and one on the back of the F250 tow rig that has seen some serious shit. Year after year, in one of the most corrosive environments in the world (salted roads anyone?), it keeps working. Replaced the solenoids once in ~5-6 years it's been used.

It's pulled many a stuck rig, and even more dead vehicles with seized brakes up the trailer.

That said, it's not in the same class as the 8270 my father has, but fairly comparible to the 8k Superwinch he has.. Speed and Power both.

I sure as hell dont want to relay on a HF product if im in serious trouble, stuck hundreds of miles away from help. Would work great on a trailor though!

Spelling/Capitalization???:gee:

Don't they teach anything in school anymore. :dunno:

Spelling/Capitalization???:gee:

Don't they teach anything in school anymore. :dunno:

Nope. We just do state and federal tests with the kids all day.

Last edited:
lots of stuff at HF on sale, I picked up a 17 piece 6pt 1/2" drive socket set for 21 bucks out the door today, should make a decent trail set.

$250 for an 8K!? I bought their 10K for $299 about a month ago! It was on sale and I didn't hesitate after I did some research on it. Apparently it's a pretty damn good winch. I can't remember who it was that did it but some magazine or company did a "winch off" and the HF 10K lb winch came in 3rd against all the big name brand winches.

$250 for an 8K!? I bought their 10K for $299 about a month ago! It was on sale and I didn't hesitate after I did some research on it. Apparently it's a pretty damn good winch. I can't remember who it was that did it but some magazine or company did a "winch off" and the HF 10K lb winch came in 3rd against all the big name brand winches.

I saw that, it made me go hmmm.

Yeah, and with a two year no questions asked warranty you can't beat it for that price. In two years, even if it's not broken, I'm taking it in for a new one, lol.

I just noticed that when you click on the link for the winch the price shows $299 and not $249 so I'm not sure what's going on. The reason I am adding to this post is that I just recieved 4 20% off coupons. If someone is interested in buying the winch or any big item then just shoot me a PM. If your local then maybe I can get it to you. If not, then maybe I could mail it to you. 20% off gets a $250 winch down to $200. Not bad.

I just noticed that when you click on the link for the winch the price shows $299 and not $249 so I'm not sure what's going on. The reason I am adding to this post is that I just recieved 4 20% off coupons. If someone is interested in buying the winch or any big item then just shoot me a PM. If your local then maybe I can get it to you. If not, then maybe I could mail it to you. 20% off gets a $250 winch down to $200. Not bad.

For anyone that wants a 20% off coupon just look in just about any MAXIM magazine and there is usually one accompanying the Harbor Freight advertisement.

For anyone that wants a 20% off coupon just look in just about any MAXIM magazine and there is usually one accompanying the Harbor Freight advertisement.

Good to know. Now when I go buy Maxim and my wife asks "What the Hell??" I can say it's for coupons. Brilliant!!!! My 4 came out of offroad magazines. I get 4 every month and that doesn't include the couple I get in the Harborfreight magazine they send out every month.

Got to love them 20% off coupons..They also come in my RV and AAA magazines..I just went there last weekend..
Has anybody looked at there tool boxes? The big red thing they got(rollaway box)

Back