• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

About me as a person and B.O.D. candidate

OutkastBoss

NAXJA Forum User
For better or worse here is what I came up with for the "About me" for the national B.O.D. position I was nominated to run for.
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=1134723

Seems sufficient to use for the MWC D.A.L. position I am running for UN-opposed. Unless my weirdness spurs a late entry in the race :rof:
Feel free to ask me anything.

facial hair, thoughts and feelings?

Smoked ribs, beef or pork?

Pizza next time I'm in STL again??

Is there anything you'd like to see happen with in the MWC,anything that needs to be changed?

With my vote can you guarantee a big ass pan of bacon at the WF dinner? :D

what are your thoughts on sanctioned knife fights at WF, jello wrestling, cold chili, hot bacon, luke warm showers...with dudes?

Beef or Chicken?
Trick question! Chicken>Ground Beef However a big Juicy rare Steak wins hands down!

sheep, shaved or all natural?

This is an area where I think my views have really matured, not like funny new hair matured (maybe in my ears actually lol) but I digress.

As a young man I saw this as a seasonal Issue with full muff being preferred in the cold season, naturally. In the summer however neatly shorn with proper handlebar tufts maintained during grooming for proper grip and control. No velcro gloves here for the same reason I don't wear socks in the tub,.

However as a prospective member of the "recently declared older guy club" I find myself considering the logistics and practicality of maintaining a "young mans sheep" This has me leaning toward an older, mildly shorn, low maintenance model that knows what she wants and refuses to feel Baaaad about it.

facial hair, thoughts and feelings?
Smoked ribs, beef or pork?

Pizza next time I'm in STL again??

While I don't believe facial hair has thoughts and feelings, I would fight to support your right to believe they perhaps actually do.

I, however used to have feelings very near to my heart about my own personal goatee. after quite a bit of growth together I now have those same feelings all the way down to my belly button. In the future, I may have these feelings all the way down to my lower brain.

As far as Beef and Pork ribs, I simply say Yes

It would definitely be cool to see you any time you make it this way, and have the time to grab a slice of Pi or something!

what are your thoughts on sanctioned knife fights at WF, jello wrestling, cold chili, hot bacon, luke warm showers...with dudes?

Okay, okay, long day at work on like no sleep but I think I got this. I am Pro Jello knife fights and cold wrestling but only if gambling for Bacon and Chili is mandatory, And finally I am pro showers with a warm dude named Luke.

I hope I have understood your queries into these very clear and unmuddled issues that face a Proper Winterfest confuzzlement.
I believe I have made my candidacy about transparency on any and all issues and will answer any more questions until we are as clear as mud about what we are confused about!

Is there anything you'd like to see happen with in the MWC,anything that needs to be changed? With my vote can you guarantee a big ass pan of bacon at the WF dinner?

I want to see some participation from my area. There are a couple of really strong clubs here in town with large membership. They get along well and rarely do "members only" runs.

I see a large local XJ community split between these clubs but united as a strongly cooperative local jeeping community. I would like my small group of local XJ friends ( all 3 of us) to unite them as Midwest XJ owners and join us. Not necessarily to leave their clubs but to also participate in Naxja.

In the interest of this I started Stl. XJ- Stl. Mj on FB and am sharing XJ related posts and going to local Jeep events. We arrive with our MWC stickers and shirts displayed proudly to expose some of these people to the idea of NAXJA and it various virtues.

I would like to have a bi or tri- monthly "Jeep n Greet" that I organize. I think if we could encourage small satellite groups started possibly by just one Naxja MWC member that mileage is keeping from more frequent participation, it could grow.

These groups would naturally bring out their own sub (faux) leaders and potential key future members for the MWC.

I would like to promote the call for a 2nd MWC event, fully sanctioned or not (ie. pop up run). It would be located outside of the usual stomping grounds. For such a large chapter area, the majority of all activity is centralized in a relatively small patch of our territory. I know there are around 12 or more parks within 3 hrs of me that would provide some members from other areas to participate and grow membership outside of our current bubble. Smorr, Flat Nasty, and Washita off road come to mind off hand.

I know many of you are married to the idea of WF always being at the Badlands and maybe it should be. If that is the case however a 2nd event needs to show love to other areas of our chapter territory. Maybe that new one could move, not only to try and bring in members from new areas, but for our current members to experience new challenges in new places with maybe some new faces.
All within our current chapter!

Back