• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

About ME - MWC BOD candidate

Re: About ME - Midwest Director candidate

I read in the other threads we have an agreement with the DNR on cleaning redbird twice a year. How do you feel about going there only once and then helping keep another place open by helping clean there once a year?

The twice a year is not negotiable, unless we want to give up the trail and lose our sign and free wheeling twice a year.

Rev

The twice a year is not negotiable, unless we want to give up the trail and lose our sign and free wheeling twice a year.

Rev

Rev

This.

In reality the DNR keeps the place in great condition, so we end up with free wheeling 2x a year after picking up a few cans and trimming a little brush.

I think that the Redbird issue has been covered well with regards to going twice a year. The times that I have gone we've done a little bit of clean up (wasn't much to clean up) and removed a couple of trees. Then we wheeled for free and people broke their stuff :)

mac, what are your thoughts on having Winterfest at an alternate location?

I am just screwing with ya man, but my question is if reelected, do you see any agenda items (nothing known of or implied here) that you are wanting to tackle right off the bat or just keep things rolling as they are?

Do you feel that that you can give the time and attention to the chapter if you were elected as President at the Natl BOD level as well? Also on that same note, if elected to Prez at Natl level and MWC Director, would your focus be on still allowing the chapter to run as it has been without trying to mirror Natl?

Not implying anything at all or picking on ya, just asking some questions that I know others are thinking as well.

Thanks man.

Cheese "still sack riding your sig lines" Man

Winterfest will stay in Attica for as much control as my one vote has on the issue...pretty sure you know that tho.

The first issue that will be tackle is winterfest. Actually we are starting to tackle that now. We are getting ready to get things set in motion to start putting it together. I will again push for free camping, and making that happen for members. I don't have any plans to totally change how things work. I'm always looking for new ideas and things we can do differently and willing to listen.

I'm not the first person to sit on both the BOD of a chapter and at the national level and probably won't be the last. Sean R actually was the president of both NAXJA at the national level and the midwest chapter.

I think that its a great deal to have someone at both levels. I ran for the BOD the first time because I had some concern that the MWC chapter wasn't being represented (not taking away anything from the chapter President, however, they don't have a vote at the national level) and wanted to make sure that we weren't forgotten.

I feel like that I have time to address both issues at the National and Chapter level. I feel like I have done a good job being the large member of both the national and the chapter for the last year and have done my best to represent both. The national president position does have more responsibilities than the large member position but I don't feel that this will affect my abilities to do my part on the chapter level. I give both a bunch of my time and will continue to do so.

My focus is not to micromanage anything at either level. The chapter will continue to run and operate as a chapter and being there to reach folks with an XJ/MJ interest at the local level.

Its been a privilege to represent the the midwest chapter on the chapter BOD the last year and I look forward to doing so in the future. I hope that if there's an issue, there would be no hesitation in letting me know what I can do to make the chapter better.

mac 'sig lines rule' gyvr

What are your thoughts on the club joining together for a voluntary act to help out a community in trouble?

like lets say getting a group together to help cleaning up after a tornado/flood/high-winds type stuff, maybe parks and forest perseveres that could use voluntary work. anything that can get the :NAXJA: name out there helping land type situations and making great meet and greets out of it.

Sounds good to me!

Should we organize something for east coast? No need to wait?

mac 'Sandy was sandy' gyvr

Bumping this one more time.

I'm now 35 and have an 11 month old baby. She's my pride and joy. She's made an appearance at Winterfest 2013 and possibly will be attending in 2014 depending on child care (now that my wife trusts my parents to watch her, they may take her for the weekend). I've been married now for 2.5 years, many of you were at the wedding at Winterfest 2011 in the quarry.

Vice President of the MWC chapter. Those are pretty big shoes to fill. Rev has done this I believe since the inception of the chapter. No one else (that I recall) had held the position and I will do my best in the position.

As you have probably read in this thread previously, I am committed to NAXJA and to the MWC chapter. I might be the president of the national club, but I still try to keep the best interests of the MWC chapter at heart.

If you ask any of the current MWC BOD members, I'm sure they will tell you that I'm committed to the MWC and the discussions that are on going. The only time I may not be around is when I'm wheelin...and even then I've caught myself on NAXJA while on the trails.

As VP, I will make sure that Winterfest has the best trail leaders for the event. I will coordinate this effort as the past VP has done.

As VP, I plan to keep the Redbird trail clean up alive and well. I will take the responsibility of getting it planned and be the contact with the MWC and the Indiana DNR. I will attempt all possible means of making the trip. I know that I won't be able to make every trip, I will however make sure that its planned and executed with either another member of the MWC BOD or representative. I had every intention of trying to make the fall run, even with Moab, but my brothers last minute wedding changed all those plans. I really do want to check out the new camping accommodations.

I will remain a huge backer of free camping for members at Winterfest. This is our premier event and I have been to every single one that's been at the Badlands (even getting engaged and married in Attica). I have no intention of pushing to change it to another location.

I am VERY proud of this chapter. We are always in the top for the March membership drive, we had the 2nd most folks from a chapter at the event in Moab this past October. We are a driving force in NAXJA and I think that its awesome! There's a lot to be proud of and I will continue to do everything I can to make sure that it continues!

I hope to see all of you in Attica at Winterfest in March. I also hope to see many of you at the Redbird trail clean ups and at other NAXJA events around the country.

I still want to make a trip to SMORR.

As always, if you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me.

mac 'getting better with names' gyvr

Any ideas floating around in your head that would improve WF?

Everyday I pray that its not winter...at winterfest...

Seriously, we are always looking at ways to make Winterfest better and improve it. While there is nothing at the moment off the top of my head, I'm always thinking about it. I have been to several NAXJA events in the past couple of years and I'm always thinking about things that could make Winterfest better.

mac '60s and no rain' gyvr

About ME - Midwest Director candidate

So much so that I even have Velcro gloves.

mac 'don't tell my wife' gyvr

SMORR...lets do it again my friend.

Cheese "last time was to short and busy" Man

What would be your thoughts on the chapter splitting to reduce the overall size/states included due to the overall huge territory that make up the MWC? This has been brought up over the years, so just wondering what your thoughts are.

discuss

Cheese "just curious" Man

I would be behind doing that if there's enough interest in forming a chapter. We are spread out, but I think we do a great job of making it feel like we aren't.

I'm not not exactly sure how it would work out but I'm not afraid of learning.

Its similar to having a 2nd event that we have spoke of every election. Its possible and I'm not against it, you just need the right people involved to make it happen.

mac 'still wants to get back to SMORR' gyvr

As you seem to lazy to start a new thread, why should we think that you will give the chapter the time it needs when you are also on the national BOD. For that matter....where will your loyalty be in any disagreement between the MWC and national?

Actually, I bumped and added to this thread because I wanted folks to be able to go back through it and see if there were things that I said or promised that I did not live up to, and ask me questions about it. IMHO, the lazy thing to do would be to create a new thread (I'm not personally attacking anyone that started a new thread, just my take on it).

I had to search for this thread to find it to bump it.

I think that you will find that I take my current job as the MWC director at large seriously as well as the president of NAXJA. I am careful to delegate my time to both the chapter BOD and the national BOD so as not to take away from either. You are in the MWC BOD forum, you'll see that I commit and discuss things in a very timely manner, so I'm not sure what the issue is. One of the reasons that I ran for the national BOD to start with I was concerned that the MWC wasn't being represented to the fullest extent.

As far as loyality to the MWC and national, this is old school thinking. Many moons ago, the MWC was at odds with the national and there were some issues that wouldn't be prudent to discuss outside of the BOD forum. I've read up on them and I feel that things are better now with national and the MWC than they have ever been.

This is a volunteer job, both the MWC and the National. Ask my wife if I'm lazy at doing either. She will tell you that I give everything to NAXJA. I pour out my heart and soul to this club and this chapter. The MWC is one of the premier chapters of NAXJA and I am proud of what we have done and what we will continue to do.

The people that know me, have no questions where my loyalties are...

mac 'I hope you just woke up on the wrong side of the bed today' gyvr

I hear you drive a TJ...

Do you prefer women panties? Or are you just swinging both ways??

:sure:

:twak:

:laugh3:;)

What kind of steps would you like to use to bring in new members, or get users to join?

is the LJ better than an XJ?

Back