• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

About ME - MWC BOD candidate

Re: About ME - Midwest Director candidate

Are you coming to WF 14?

Do you think that KY should be part of the SEC?

Do you think free camping is the best way to spend our ME funds?

Do you think SoCal sucks?

Sheep - Furry or Shaved?

About ME - Midwest Director candidate

Fixing my leaky roof will reply to all this evening...

mac 'thanks for understanding' gyvr

I hear you drive a TJ...

Do you prefer women panties? Or are you just swinging both ways??

:sure:

:twak:

:laugh3:;)

What kind of steps would you like to use to bring in new members, or get users to join?

is the LJ better than an XJ?

I actually have an LJ. And a 5.9 Grand. At the moment. Always looking at the next Jeep be it a cherokee, or a grand cherokee or ???

I prefer a banana hammock.

My last couple of years on the BOD we have always been looking for ways to bring new members. We have done several things to try to bring new members in and I will always be looking for ways and listening to idea. I'm on a committee on the national level with NAMRC looking at ways to bring new members into four wheeling in general and hope from that committee to bring new ideas and ways to bring new members to NAXJA and the midwest chapter. The membership growth and enhancement has allowed us to do free camping and the success of raffles allows us to do things such as the go-pro.

The LJ is better in some ways and the XJ is better in some ways. Without getting into a deep discussion on it, just know that I promise to remain committed to the MWC and work as hard as I can for the chapter just as I have done for the last two years on the BOD, no matter what Jeep I own or drive. The fact is I daily drive a Chevy Impala, my company car. Having an LJ may allow me more time to attend to the MWC chapter because I don't wrench on it as much...

mac 'except tonight I had a leaky roof and full gutters to clean and we did brakes on my buddies XJ' gyvr

Are you coming to WF 14?

Do you think that KY should be part of the SEC?

Do you think free camping is the best way to spend our ME funds?

Do you think SoCal sucks?

Sheep - Furry or Shaved?

I have been to every Winterfest since the first one at the Badlands and will go to every one in the future til death do us part so help me God!

I do not foresee a split of the MWC chapter or any state moving into another chapter within NAXJA. That said, if there was enough of a movement from that state's (any state, not just KY) members that they wanted to move to another chapter, I would do nothing but support the research into it and helping with any decision that would need to be made. It's not a decision to be made over night.

Free camping has been very successful. I will stand behind it and continue to look at ways to make winterfest better and bring in new members. At this point I believe it is the best way to use the ME funds.

SoCal? Where to start?

Shaved will stick better to my velcro gloves...

mac 'MWC for life!' gyvr

One last comment from me about all this crap that has gone on the last couple days.

I did not decide over night that I wanted to run for the VP spot. I thought about it for a long time before deciding to run. I wanted to make sure that my priorities were in order before I made the decision that I had what it would take to run for the VP with other commitments. I actually ran several years ago for president of the MWC chapter and lost. That did not deter me in making another run for BOD. In fact it MOTIVATED me to continue to be involved with the club, be around for all activies, and to really try to start learning names (I'm really working on this). Then when the chance came to run again, I ran for the Member-at-Large spot. I figured this to be the best spot to learn about the BOD and what it took to be a BOD member at the chapter level. I even got a spot that was a one year term (to fill the term of another member that ran and won for another position), giving me the perfect opportunity to learn the position and if it wasn't something that I wanted to do, it was only a one year commitment. It turned out, that I really do like being a part of the MWC chapter BOD and serving its members. I ran again last year for the full term.

As I said in my initial post on this time running, there are big shoes to fill with an outgoing VP that has served for such a long period of time. I have decided that I am up for the task at hand and am able to make the commitment to do it. I'm not an old school BOD type stuck in my ways, I've only been on the MWC BOD for two years, I'm still young at heart and have a desire to serve the chapter.

I'm not posting this to beg for your vote. I just wanted to be honest with everyone on why I'm running and that it truly is an privilege to serve the members of this chapter on the MWC BOD. It seems some innocence has been lost in the last few days and with the great people in this chapter and it sucks to see all the drama.

mac 'united we stand...divided we fall...waits for rewster to insert you tube video' gyvr

well put mac :thumbup:

Cheese "know where you are coming from" Man

I would like to publicly apologize to Mac, the "lazy" comment was clearly out of line.

Mac, I am sorry.

Rev

Re: About ME - Midwest president candidate

Bump...

Back to the top again.

I'm still here, still have time, still have bandwidth and still love NAXJA. I'm running for MWC president. I'm 37 now, have two kids (Madeline 3 years and Marshall James, yes his initials are MJ, 3 months), and still have a wife who I married at the Badlands during Winterfest 2011. This coming Winterfest will be my 5yr! anniversary.

Yes, I'm still the NAXJA national president. I've managed BOD positions on the MWC BOD and the national BOD for several years now. This current MWC election is a 1 yr term to offset the president and vice president being elected in the same years. I've been handling the president's duties since September currently.

Recently, I helped organize the Flex memorial stickers (still have some to sell). I'm still planning the Redbird event this weekend, which should be a very good, yet somber time, with a clean up and some memorial stuff to remember Aaron.

I've planned the last three Redbird runs, we've even done some projects while there along with cleaning up the trash. I didn't make the spring clean up because I was injured at work and couldn't drive. I plan to continue to make the clean up runs as much as possible.

We've already started doing some pre-planning with Winterfest coming up in March. I've got some ideas for some member perks again this year, including the now almost standard free camping. Once the elections are over, we will enter in to full planning mode for Winterfest.

I still want to plan a trip to SMORR, and I like the camping trip we did a month ago in Michigan, would be cool to do some trips like that when we can as a chapter. Always interested in ideas on new places to go wheel.

The ground work put into place by the past BOD members have make this chapter the best in NAXJA and I see no reason to change too much!

mac 'thanks for allowing me to serve on the BOD these past few years' gyvr

Bump

Another year in the books. Been crazy at times, but we've managed it and it's been a great year.

I'm still married and my kids are 4 and 1 year old. My 6th wedding anniversary will happen at Winterfest in 2017.

I currently own an 04 LJ, a 5.9 ZJ, a 97 XJ, a Ford Excursion, and an RV Clark.

I am not running for the national BOD this year. I'm taking a break from most of those responsibilities and will only be doing membership on the national level. I'm looking forward to committing a little extra time to the MWC and I'm going to be trying to promote at work.

The MWC won the membership drive this year and I'm very proud of everyone that joined or renewed last March. Very awesome of everyone.

I made it to both of the clean up runs at Redbird this year and I think that this past one was one of the larger groups over the last couple years. Plus there were two new MWC members there that I got to meet and break bread with. We had a great trip.

I was just in Las Vegas for the NAMRC meeting and the SEMA show. I got to make some good contacts and even got a couple ideas for the MWC and Winterfest that we will hopefully be able to do some fun things with.

I'm looking forward to Winterfest and will be working hard for you to make sure that it's again the best ever. We will go into full throttle planning here very shortly as soon as the new BOD is seated.

In 2017-18, I would like to do a few things to make the MWC even better. I want go over our bylaws and fix anything that might be out of date. I also want them posted so that folks can get access to them easier. I would like to try to make the MWC store easier to purchase from all year long. Something online. With the change of treasurer, I also want to get our banking a bit more streamlined and with a National Bank under the national tax ID. Nothing major, just things to make things a little better.

I still want to plan that elusive SMORR trip. One of these years, we'll make it happen.

I'm hoping for a large group of MWC folks to make the national event in Moab in October of 2018 in celebration of the 35th anniversary of the introduction of the XJ, start saving that gas money.

As always, looking for new ideas or places to wheel, so keep posting up those runs and hopefully we'll see everyone at Winterfest and on the trail.

You guys and gals rock and it's all about making it better for you.

mac 'thanks for the opportunity to serve again' gyvr

Back