• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

About ME - MWC BOD candidate

Re: About ME - Midwest Director candidate

What do you see as a priority to improve the chapter?

FREE BEER!

Ok, just kidding. Tho I've thought about putting the kegerater in the trailer for Winterfest.

Seriously, getting people to come out to the events and have a blast with us is almost always my priority for the chapter. Especially getting people to Winterfest. We've been doing it for a long time and I've helped to plan, organize, and lead trails at a bunch of them. I've been to all of them held in Attica since the start. We've made changes and tweaked it and tried different things to make the experience better for everyone. Some things work, some don't and we always ask how we can do better.

Along with events we did try getting some folks to other places this year. We made a Rock and Valley's trip. We made our Redbird clean ups. Everyone can't make everything but we keep trying, and that's important to me.

mac 'vote early, vote often' gyvr

Lets not all forget Mac was one half of the main reason we had free camping at WF last year. It was not only a great thing for all the members but also shows the type "out of the box" thinking and ideas he has come up with to help the chapter.

Ram" You have to love free camping" Rod

This is a question for all that are running for a position, no one being singled out, nothing implied, just a general observation and question.

In recent years, the involvement of the BOD in functions outside of the general Illinios and Indiana area has been limited. If we continue to want to be the largest and best chapter out there, what efforts would you put forth to get the "outreach" and efforts to go beyond the core Red Bird and Badlands trips? What efforts could be directed to membership retainment?

Thanks,
Cheese "inquiring minds" Man

Lets not all forget Mac was one half of the main reason we had free camping at WF last year. It was not only a great thing for all the members but also shows the type "out of the box" thinking and ideas he has come up with to help the chapter.

Ram" You have to love free camping" Rod

Free camping was such a success that we hope to do it again this year!

This is a question for all that are running for a position, no one being singled out, nothing implied, just a general observation and question.

In recent years, the involvement of the BOD in functions outside of the general Illinios and Indiana area has been limited. If we continue to want to be the largest and best chapter out there, what efforts would you put forth to get the "outreach" and efforts to go beyond the core Red Bird and Badlands trips? What efforts could be directed to membership retainment?

Thanks,
Cheese "inquiring minds" Man

I personally would love to make a trip to SMORR. I would love to go to other places outside of Indiana and Illinois. We did do a MI trip. The Midwest is huge! Many folks are concentrated in certain areas and that's where we usually end up with events. I've never done anything to stop events outside of IN and IL. I would always encourage them. I would be happy to work with folks in those other areas to help them plan something. Depending on the when, I would love to try to attend.

I see one of the biggest things we are doing for retainment is doing things for the members. Free camping at Winterfest was very successful. I still hope to one day get a reduced rate for wheeling at the badlands for members at Winterfest as well. It hasn't happened yet, but doesn't meant we aren't trying. We are also talking about some other things we can do at Winterfest to encourage membership. I will always support anything that we can do as a chapter to retain members.

We have donated money for land use and other things that have been matched by the national bod. It may not directly affect some of the members, but it does allow members to say that they have had an effect on land use.

Again, I'm always open to talk to either here, PM, phone, in person about things to make things better. I've also tried to be more approachable at events too.

mac 'learning more names each event' gyvr

I'd also like to add that I would like to see a huge Midwest crew make the trip to Moab in 2013. It is going to be a great time with great wheeling. Its outside of the Midwest, I understand that, but its a great trip to make. Even if you can't bring your rig, bring yourself, there will be plenty of open seats. Plus national will be giving away a built XJ. If your looking to make a big trip next year, this would be one to plan for.

mac 'the mecca of the Jeep world' gyvr

I'd also like to add that I would like to see a huge Midwest crew make the trip to Moab in 2013. It is going to be a great time with great wheeling. Its outside of the Midwest, I understand that, but its a great trip to make. Even if you can't bring your rig, bring yourself, there will be plenty of open seats. Plus national will be giving away a built XJ. If your looking to make a big trip next year, this would be one to plan for.

mac 'the mecca of the Jeep world' gyvr

yes.

87 'has one, maybe two more seats in the wienerbox' manche

Matt, I asked this question to Austin as well. I'd like to get your take.

Matt,

What do you think about starting up a ride/event for a charity? I know we do the yearly cleanup that I have been a part of a few times. And I know we donate money to various offroad oriented organizations. But what do you think about starting an event that's sole purpose is to raise money for a non offroad charity such as the red cross or toys for tots, etc? I know there are a few other jeep clubs in the indiana area that do this, what do you think of the idea?

-Brendan

With the talk of a second chapter event, our chapter is spread out a bit maybe more than some of the others. If a second event is held on the east side of the chapter, do you see that as an issue for the west side folks?

Matt, I asked this question to Austin as well. I'd like to get your take.

Matt,

What do you think about starting up a ride/event for a charity? I know we do the yearly cleanup that I have been a part of a few times. And I know we donate money to various offroad oriented organizations. But what do you think about starting an event that's sole purpose is to raise money for a non offroad charity such as the red cross or toys for tots, etc? I know there are a few other jeep clubs in the indiana area that do this, what do you think of the idea?

-Brendan

I have, in the past gone to the Badlands for the Toys 4 Tots and I know that other folks in this chapter have attended as well, and not just at the Badlands but other spots more local to them. I would support the idea. Maybe combine the idea with one of the Redbird runs, doesn't have to be, but just expanding possible ideas on the issue.

I would support major organizations, especially things related to land use and organizations that support our hobby. But not Dan's hooker and blow fund.

With the talk of a second chapter event, our chapter is spread out a bit maybe more than some of the others. If a second event is held on the east side of the chapter, do you see that as an issue for the west side folks?

Location is always going to be an issue no matter where you have an event. Absolutely events held on opposite ends of the chapter are going to be harder for people to attend for the other side of the chapter. Also timing is going to be an issue as well. You have to pick the best weekend that works for everyone. You can tell with Redbird weekends that some work better than others. The best part about this chapter is that even if only a few guys show up, everyone still has a blast and sometimes this is the best way to get to know people. I'm always open for new locations to go wheelin. I want to get back to SMORR. Its 12 hours from me...much farther for the folks east and north of me. You have to keep planning and see what works.

mac 'loves to wheel' gyvr

Do you think that a military member's home of record or his current residence should dictate which chapter he belongs to and which chapter he's allowed to vote in?

How do you feel about dual chaptership and the problem with illegal immigration from the SEC to the MWC at the KY border?

Do you think NAXJA should build a fence around Sean's RV to keep him confined to Illinois?

Do you think that a military member's home of record or his current residence should dictate which chapter he belongs to and which chapter he's allowed to vote in?

How do you feel about dual chaptership and the problem with illegal immigration from the SEC to the MWC at the KY border?

Do you think NAXJA should build a fence around Sean's RV to keep him confined to Illinois?

I think we need to stay with current residence. I know your heart is in the MWC and I know you'll be back soon! I think it might be a nightmare to keep track of. I'd be more than willing to bring it up for discussion.

Dual chaptership is not a good idea. Too much possible voter fraud. I like the SEC, they are good people. If they want to come here that's fine.

Sean's new X5 would drive right through a fence.

mac 'hanging chads' gyvr

these are important questions.

these are important questions.

replied as you were replying.

mac 'answered' gyvr

Are you willing to handle the MWC Trail adoption requirements at Redbird?

Rev

I will.

Previously its been handled by you, the VP, so you must be suggesting something.

I always look at when the run is and always make an attempt to come, I would love to make at least one of the two if not both.

Our racing schedule is going to be less next year than its been the past four years, so I'm hopeful for the dates to work out. If not I can help plan no matter what.

I'm really glad there is better camping too.

mac 'its always a good trip' gyvr

I've been on the Bod the last year and agree that it's the volunteer things like this that help define who we are as a chapter. Even tho we have not done a second event the Redbird clean ups are a great way to get folks out and wheeling together on the trail other than just at Winterfest. I think that it we should keep them going and will do everything I can to see that they continue. Had the baby come other than a couple days before the last one I would've gone to the fall cleanup.

mac 'avoid the 3 ton max bridge' gyvr

I wasn't aware there was two cleanups at Redbird. Why do we go there twice? (<---may not be the best question for you seeing as you've only been onboard a year). Are for or against going there only once and helping clean somewhere else up the other time?

K "we have lots of wheeling spots in the MWC" man

mac, what are your thoughts on having Winterfest at an alternate location?

I am just screwing with ya man, but my question is if reelected, do you see any agenda items (nothing known of or implied here) that you are wanting to tackle right off the bat or just keep things rolling as they are?

Do you feel that that you can give the time and attention to the chapter if you were elected as President at the Natl BOD level as well? Also on that same note, if elected to Prez at Natl level and MWC Director, would your focus be on still allowing the chapter to run as it has been without trying to mirror Natl?

Not implying anything at all or picking on ya, just asking some questions that I know others are thinking as well.

Thanks man.

Cheese "still sack riding your sig lines" Man

Back