• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

About me

seanR

Want to puff on my pipe?
NAXJA Member
Hi, I am Sean Rafferty. I am running for the MWC director's position. I have been a member here since 2002. Even though I do not presently own an Jeep Cherokee, I have owned 7 of them in my time. I was the first President of the MWC and held that position for two terms. I was the National President prior to Lobsterguy who holds the office now.

About my personal life, I am married to a very patent woman some call "poor Laura". Most of you have met her and ask why she is even seen with me most of the time. I have four grown children, two grand children, and two stupid dogs that like to defecate in and around the HO-hauler. I have owned several successful business, an off road vehicle accessories shop, a bar, a deli, and a property maintenance company. I have managed business for people also, a regional environmental remediation company, a paving company, and a home building company.

When I took the office of MWC president, we had by-laws to write, bank accounts to set up, officers to elect and member issues to take care of. As the president of the National, I dealt with setting up business bank accounts, getting all of the club's incorporation documents up to date, something to do with one of our groups and the BLM, and the "Sled of Death" LoL.

I helped get the first of the FAQs set up and running, helped facilitate the formation of three new chapters, helped re-write the national by laws to bring them up to date, and wrote job descriptions for each BOD position. I worked with FourWheeler magazine in a Jeep Cherokee article, helped get us mentioned on Spike TV's Power Block(not as much as I was lead to believe though) and helped plan the 25th event in Moab.

Currently I have taken care of registration the last few years at winterfest which is almost a full time job during the month of February! I have been working on a more streamlined registration process and I hope to make winterfest a more enjoyable time for everyone. This year there will be more 'wheeling and less standing around in the parking lot!

My opponent is not only very well qualified, but a very good friend, which makes this race even more difficult! Just make sure you vote!

In my personal experience, you have come off as a dick to people in the first impression time. Getting to know you, I've learned you are indeed a dick, but you're a compassionate man who is just as, if not more, stubborn as I am and I can't do anything but respect that. What I want to know is, even though this isn't a popularity contest, how can you assure voters that you are indeed a man with a better vision than a mouth?

I will be the first to admit that I come off as course and uncaring. But I think most people who have met me in person at least tolerate me :D.
I think my actions here have already shown my commitment to this club.
I think I may have met almost everyone here in person, those who know me understand.

We used to do more than one event per year. The second one was on a smaller scale, no catered dinner, no raffle, just a pot luck and dinner at a restaurant.
We used to do "carnagefest" in August, it was at the Badlands, Rockport, and once up at McCaslin Mountain.
I am all for it. As for the location, I would like to see us go 'somewhere else'. There are many new off road parks we should support.

Sean, what things can we (the chapter and BOD) do to increase member participation? I went into a greater detail in Aaron's thread, but I want to get to the gist of it. Events like Redbird clean-up, for example, are very important. How can we raise awareness of their importance and get new members to attend?

There is really nothing the BOD can do to encourage people to attend. We have the events posted and we promote them. Red Bird, this year had a very good turn out. Winterfest is always a good turn out and the "non official" events always seem to be quite popular.
As far as Chapter growth, I do not see a problem with that, our numbers have been growing steadily. New people always seem to show up to events and new faces are showing up on the BOD.
The only issues I see that need to be addressed is the lack of participation of one BOD member and the Winterfest registration issues. Both are being addressed by this BOD in a manner that is acceptable.

I will be the first to admit that I come off as course and uncaring. But I think most people who have met me in person at least tolerate me :D.
I think my actions here have already shown my commitment to this club.
I think I may have met almost everyone here in person, those who know me understand.

Sean is one of the best guys I know. He would have anyone's back when needed. Not to mention, his wife Laura is the best too.

Sean is one of the best guys I know. He would have anyone's back when needed. Not to mention, his wife Laura is the best too.

He had my back at the trail clean up......:D

Back