• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upper and lower control arms question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what language that is. I have to assume you mean "They're not legal" (uh, they are- ever see an old Bronco?)

Cite some laws, or you're just talking out your posterior.

How many points they attach to the unibody is of no consequence- as the points they connect are actually MUCH stronger than the OEM.

Also, I don't know what math you are doing, but my longarm XJ is actually connected to the unibody (structurally, ignoring shocks of course) by 3 points- the lower arms and the track bar)... all three of which are MASSIVELY upgraded over OEM.

"They're" a good choice for offroad use, yes... they also work perfectly well for onroad.

It's not legal to modify factory suspension points and configuration and drive on public roads, sorry.

And oh sorry about the fact that a four link is connected to the unibody by five points, thought we were talking about control arms.

However if your willing to roll down an interstate at 80mph in bumper to bumper traffic I guess your justified.

We all know that top mounting point for the track bar on a xj is "rock solid", I hope you got a box brace on there or better yet inner fender plates.

Anyway​ getting back to the "Ford put radius arms on bronco's", that's a real high quality setup, yeah right. It's also oem bro. Which gets back to the it's not legal to modify factory or "oem" suspension.

Metallurgical failure, "because my buddy that lives in his parents basement to that's a certified welder said so" whah.

Go back to the basement dork, in one of my first posts in this thread I said "if I had to do a lift again I would of gotten long arms".

You guys all need to practice your spelling to, that's definitely a indicator of low IQ. Bwah

It's not legal to modify factory suspension points and configuration and drive on public roads, sorry.

And oh sorry about the fact that a four link is connected to the unibody by five points, thought we were talking about control arms.

However if your willing to roll down an interstate at 80mph in bumper to bumper traffic I guess your justified.

We all know that top mounting point for the track bar on a xj is "rock solid", I hope you got a box brace on there or better yet inner fender plates.

Anyway​ getting back to the "Ford put radius arms on bronco's", that's a real high quality setup, yeah right. It's also oem bro. Which gets back to the it's not legal to modify factory or "oem" suspension.

Metallurgical failure, "because my buddy that lives in his parents basement to that's a certified welder said so" whah.

Go back to the basement dork, in one of my first posts in this thread I said "if I had to do a lift again I would of gotten long arms".

You guys all need to practice your spelling to, that's definitely a indicator of low IQ. Bwah

I'd take your points one by one, but I don't have time to argue with imbeciles.

The fact you use phrases such as "bro" says everything.

Ok "brother".
Yeah, I think the internet knows you don't have anything logical to add in regards to the op's subject.
Go eat the pb&j your mommy made for afternoon snack.
Have a good day, fuh'n bwah!

Would be nice if a mod smacked the child's e-peen and we could keep this on subject.

So then by your own off the wall unsubstantiated rant there are absolutely no lift kits made that are dot legal. They all modify factory suspension configurations

Well there is bumper height laws, I've been pulled over and had the officer break out a tape measured, which resulted in a citation.
They could cause some problems for you if they wanted to.
Define "configuration", lifting and chopping of factory control arm mounts are two different things.
Your interpretation of a "suspension lift" is incorrect.
The 2" lifts most kids try to install should cause them any problems with the law untill the poor installation they did causes a accident, but that's another story.

Well there is bumper height laws, I've been pulled over and had the officer break out a tape measured, which resulted in a citation.
They could cause some problems for you if they wanted to.
Define "configuration", lifting and chopping of factory control arm mounts are two different things.
Your interpretation of a "suspension lift" is incorrect.
The 2" lifts most kids try to install should cause them any problems with the law untill the poor installation they did causes a accident, but that's another story.

It's obvious that you have no credible legal information to provide, Read the DOT manual in the mean time and get back with us(when you apologize)!

It's obvious that you have no credible legal information to provide, Read the DOT manual in the mean time and get back with us(when you apologize)!

I believe you would of already quoted from a dot publication if what I stated is untrue.

Arizona is probably a lot less lenient with dot regulations.
Sorry if your mad because this post isn't all about you.

Your not going to bring my penis into the subject of this conversation now are you?, because that's definitely not called for.

Keep waiting for the apology for stating facts, you or unequivocally not informed about this subject.

Do you have anything else you would like to enlighten me with? Or are you gonna continue to bless us with your pointless jibber jabber?

Please, enlighten me.

Please, enlighten me.
It's become apparent that its not possible.

To the OP: Adjustable uppers and lowers give you "room to grow". Get both if you can swing it. Curry or RE and you won't go wrong. Buy from one of our sponsors like the Curry deal at RWKHausSupply.

Try not to confuse price with value; avoid redundant spending.

Last edited:
It's become apparent that its not possible.

To the OP: Adjustable uppers and lowers give you "room to grow". Get both if you can swing it. Curry or RE and you won't go wrong. Buy from one of our sponsors like the Curry deal at RWKHausSupply.

Try not to confuse price with value; avoid redundant spending.

Actually I think it's become apparent that you've all been educated on the fact that a suspension system which connects to your vehicle at five points is much safe than three points.

Now go drive your '83 simulated wood grain xj back to your parents house and eat mommy's pb&j.

Absolute comedy! This site never ceases to entertain me:worship:

1983 XJ, huh? That explains a lot. Dude, you're on the wrong site.

Oh oops mj, that wood grain is definitely the most hideous thing I've ever seen on a jeep, it certainly suits you well though.

Ya u on the wrong forum Doo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back