• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Subwoofer Systems!!

How far is Churchville from Leesburg? To learn how to sculpt some stuff in fiberglass I'd drive to you, and bring the brews. Especially the kick panels.

...Frank

(I've been slowly accumulating stereo stuff for my 88 xj. So far a clarion 4 channel amp and a clarion 1000w sub amp, Kicker-made l7 enclosure box, 2 sets of momo mm6 components, miscellaneous extras, and I'm doing pretty good being that i've only jumped on great steals on ebay so far and though it has taken a fairly long amount of time I'm only about 600 bucks into it).

dothedew24_7 said:
quote: "i've got 6x9s in the rear hatch....5 1/4 in all four doors......3" in the dash, and working on kick pannels with 6" midrange and 1.5" tweets
all work (design, build, & install) is all done by me...no one does anything to my jeep but me....*grins*" :end quote
hmmmmm. first off I cant say much for VISONIK stuff. Personally I steer away from anything audio that can be had at Walmart. So, you have the subs runnin off the amp, fine - as for the rest, as in speakers, are they ALL running off the deck?? is the 3" sopposed to be a center channel? Interesting. If you are going for show, I would suggest you hide those wires and not bring a manufactured box to a show- they don't like them. As for the kicks- congrads look at mine and if you want it, I'll post some tips. I would love to post my sub setup now- but I'm not, I hate posting things that are not completed yet- soon though. And, the box is pretty much done with 2 15" L7's dvc 2 ohm config in a shared 7ft3 ported mdf/fiberglass box. Sanding is a pain in the ass so as soon as I get that done and get it painted to match the front I'll let ya know.
-Got any sound-deadening material in there?
- in case you havent seen my kicks... http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/482928
I'd love to help anyone if they are interested in using fiberglass or any custom audio techniques - heck If you're close, I'll even drive over.

Capt. Nemo said:
I just finished setting this system up. It's way too powerful for my taste. I'm hoping to sell it soon, as soon as I wow the kids at church. If anyone reading this is interested, shoot me a PM. The amp has blue neon lights that illuminate when the amp is on, so at night the entire back of the heep has a very distict blue glow that can be seen outside. These are two brand spankin' new Sony Xplod 12" subs with a brand spankin' new Blitz 2 channel 1000 watt amp. The whole box only sticks out about 5" from the back of the seat because of the angle of the back of the box.

fullback.jpg

Wow, I would have never known. Kinda goes with your Bling bling...
picture.JPG

... :D

Personally, I have a system that doesn't take up much room, doesn't weigh too much, and puts out some good quality sound.
I have a Kenwood KDC-MPV7019 powereing some 5" Alpine door speekers and a Sony X-Plod 600 watt amp powereing Clarion 6X9s in my hatch and a JL Audio 10" sub in a JL Audio Stealth box. Sounds good when I'm going to the mall. ;)

dothedew24_7 said:
thats been my biggest prob is tha darn lock rods. And I explained why I didnt have any sub pics up yet.
I give you an A - at least you have a game plan, and are willing to do the work:thumbup:
- o and my Wal-nut has visionik, blitz, lightning, and the average pioneer, sony, blah blah blah, theve even had a bazooka bass tube once in a while

well damnit....mine sells all of those brands but visonik...oh well..i'll get over it....all the visonik stuff i've heard (not just my system) sounded a lot better than other sony, kenwood, pioneer, and even some rockford fosgate system.....mine sounds good to my ears and doesn't look half bad...so i don't care otherwise...lol i think i've seen those "bazooka" bass tubes at mine too....but i don't think they were bazooka brand...

personally i really dislike sony car audio stuff. their head units are good...but as far as amps and speakers....i've personally experienced a sony 1200watt amp get owned hardcore by a different 700 watt amp.....both hooked to the same speaker/box combination....

yea...i read why you don't have sub pictures up yet....i agree, tho...on not putting pictures up until it's all done....i hate putting pictures of a little bit up...and then running a long list of what i AM going to do to it.....ha, like i did here...lol...
i think i'll just keep my mouth shut from now on until the jeep is really far along.....so gimmy a few years...lol

sony seriously overrates their amps. a sony amp is as worthless as a legacy(almost)

KinesthesiaDrums said:
well damnit....mine sells all of those brands but visonik...oh well..i'll get over it....all the visonik stuff i've heard (not just my system) sounded a lot better than other sony, kenwood, pioneer, and even some rockford fosgate system.....mine sounds good to my ears and doesn't look half bad...so i don't care otherwise...lol i think i've seen those "bazooka" bass tubes at mine too....but i don't think they were bazooka brand...

personally i really dislike sony car audio stuff. their head units are good...but as far as amps and speakers....i've personally experienced a sony 1200watt amp get owned hardcore by a different 700 watt amp.....both hooked to the same speaker/box combination....

yea...i read why you don't have sub pictures up yet....i agree, tho...on not putting pictures up until it's all done....i hate putting pictures of a little bit up...and then running a long list of what i AM going to do to it.....ha, like i did here...lol...
i think i'll just keep my mouth shut from now on until the jeep is really far along.....so gimmy a few years...lol
agreed, ill give it to visionik when it comes to their higher-end stuff thats non-wal-nut. Every company has its crappy gear, and then their audiophile gear

Ramsey said:
sony seriously overrates their amps. a sony amp is as worthless as a legacy(almost)
right-o- any amp you can get for 60$ you might as well power your headphones with it- JL audio slash series- THE best for the price, lol specialy when you can pick em up off ebay for half of retail:guitar:

i don't feel like quoting....too lazy, lol....
but agree with you on alla that *nods*

walmart is starting to put out some decent quality stuff.....why i don't know...i guess just trying to take over every end of every industry.....
either way....i still hate saying "my stuff came from walmart!" *sarcastic chuckle*

Back