• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Revolver Picts installed

jrsxj98 said:
Oh you havent heard that the mod tech section is no longer just for mod tech. It is now an open forum to post anything you wish. By the way can you tell me which wiper blades would work best.

I like Anco.

PIAA makes wiper blades??? I thought they just made lights? Anco and Bosch are about the only brands that Autozone carries though.

Jeepin Jason said:
PIAA makes wiper blades??? I thought they just made lights? Anco and Bosch are about the only brands that Autozone carries though.

PIAA makes lights, wheels, and wiper blades. ;)

Their silicone blades kick total ass. The woman has them on her WJ. Tehy came with a treatment cloth that is not unlike Rain-X. Wipe the stuff on, let the wipers run for 5-10 mins to 'burn in' the treatment, and away you go.

ECKSJAY said:
PIAA makes lights, wheels, and wiper blades. ;)

Their silicone blades kick total ass. The woman has them on her WJ. Tehy came with a treatment cloth that is not unlike Rain-X. Wipe the stuff on, let the wipers run for 5-10 mins to 'burn in' the treatment, and away you go.

Hmm, that sounds kinda familiar actually. I think a guy on JU had talked about those a long while back. I seem to remember something about a carbon-fiber-look wiper arm too?

i went to wal-mart and got the cheapest wiper blades they had, they have two wipers on each side. i think they were priced wrong though, haha, i have 4 wiper blades and you only have 2. :roll:

Scrappy said:
Where you get those!? I need to see proof.

(wow this is a great wiper thread!)

Matt

We sell them at my store. :)

http://www.piaa.com/WiperBlades/WiperBlades.html

Jeepin Jason said:
Hmm, that sounds kinda familiar actually. I think a guy on JU had talked about those a long while back. I seem to remember something about a carbon-fiber-look wiper arm too?

Yup, they have that style available too. Did NOT install those on the WJ. Ours are black with 'PIAA' on them. :)

jammerjamesharmon said:
Didn't want to take it off the truck :guitar:

It ain't a truck dude.

can someone link me to a write up so that i can use just one long wiper like all those sweet tricked out cars

I don't want to be an ass, but I'm going to anyhow. I like the looks of the XJ in the photos, but the carpenter's jackstands have got to go. I'll GIVE YOU my XJ if you'll lay down under that one (as seen in the photos) and let me kick it just once.

OT said:
This deserves to be brought back up.
For all the noobs, this isn't how you jackstand an XJ.
While we're on the subject of Jacking..........
Where do you guys put the jack stands if you only want to get the front end up, and support it under the axle? Doesn't seem to be a simple location, with all that "bracketry" junk attached there. Not enough places to jack and support. If I Jack under the diff, I only get driver side high enough. If I've got to jack the passenger side, where to place the jack and then the stand?
Thanks Mang.....:wave1:

Soooo...."Jammer James" how are those Revolvers workin' out for ya??

First of all. The pictured Jacking technique is in clear violation of primary law 00.0001 of the CSOMD manual. For that you should be flogged. Second, Equiptment unlimbering/mounting drills should be a regular occourance for any Offroader. It builds proficiency. I cannot believe someone would sacrifice all safety just because they "Didnt feel like unmounting the blah blah blah." Third, you guys, thanks for the laugh. You all are a big part of the reason I dig this site so. (CSOMD= Common Sense of Mechanical Devices. Primary law 00.0001= SAFETY FIRST! The manual is in yer HEAD, or ON yer head if yer not careful):D

OT said:
This deserves to be brought back up.
For all the noobs, this isn't how you jackstand an XJ.

I don't understand you OT, sometimes you're pro-wood, sometimes you are anti-wood.

Or are you more concerned about the use of Douglas fir vs a species and grade more suited for compressive forces?

Do tell.....

Back