• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick rant about Wrangler drivers

Ben824

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I am on twitter (not a twitter freak just got it to follow an Apple blog and eventually followed other things) and I follow this anonymous Jeep_Problems account. Well this guy who runs it started completely ragging on XJs and saying they are not "real Jeeps" and it just totally got my blood boiling when he and many others started just really insulting the XJ. I know "why let some douche who doesn't know anything, clearly, get to you" but I just can't stand the ignorance of some of these Wrangler guys. They even said the XJ doesn't deserve the Jeep wave and one guy said he gives the middle finger to XJs and any other Jeeps that wave at him.

Any of you get bothered by this kinda stuff? I try to be the bigger person and not let people like this get to me but this one is hard.

but I just can't stand the ignorance of some of these Wrangler guys.
What about your statement makes it any different from theirs? Assholes drive everything. And chill people drive everything. Dig the Sig. :greensmok

It's an arrogant and self mounted high horse that will only hurt them in the end. One day they'll be stuck and an XJ guy they gave the finger to will drive by and give the finger right back.

HAHA,
ever seen a Wangler (no typo) roll end over end down a trail cause the short wheelbase won"t climb any decent obstacle?:roflmao:

Don't get all worked up about it, you know the Xj is a way more capable platform and will outperform those little short lightweights on a real challenge.
I personally like to see them on trails, they always make for great entertainment.:moon:

Way more capable?

Seriously when you say stuff like that it makes you look as bad as them.

This whole discussion happens on every Jeep forum about other Jeeps, Toyotas and full size trucks.

The Toyota guys are just as bad. All vehicles have their place and Jeep guys should wave at Jeep guys.....or not.

I wave, I don't get pissed when guys don't wave back. If a Wrangler guy flipped me off I wouldn't think "yeah that wrangler guy is a jerk because he flipped me off and he drives a wrangler" I'd just think he was a jerk and would probably be just as much of a jerk if he was driving an XJ.

Way more capable?

This whole discussion happens on every Jeep forum about other Jeeps, Toyotas and full size trucks.

The Toyota guys are just as bad. All vehicles have their place and Jeep guys should wave at Jeep guys.....or not.

I wave, I don't get pissed when guys don't wave back. If a Wrangler guy flipped me off I wouldn't think "yeah that wrangler guy is a jerk because he flipped me off and he drives a wrangler" I'd just think he was a jerk and would probably be just as much of a jerk if he was driving an XJ.
Exactly

Ok so I am on twitter (not a twitter freak just got it to follow an Apple blog and eventually followed other things) and I follow this anonymous Jeep_Problems account. Well this guy who runs it started completely ragging on XJs and saying they are not "real Jeeps" and it just totally got my blood boiling when he and many others started just really insulting the XJ. I know "why let some douche who doesn't know anything, clearly, get to you" but I just can't stand the ignorance of some of these Wrangler guys. They even said the XJ doesn't deserve the Jeep wave and one guy said he gives the middle finger to XJs and any other Jeeps that wave at him.

Any of you get bothered by this kinda stuff? I try to be the bigger person and not let people like this get to me but this one is hard.
XJs aren't real Jeeps. Real Jeeps have beds and I own 3 of them :conceited

also, calm down. I could care less what someone is driving as long as they're wheeling and it's well put together, one of my frequent wheeling buddies runs a Toyota pickup, I rag on him about it when he complains about his alignment and that he doesn't have money for a SAS but it's all in good fun, he's pulled me out a couple times.

Only a few things I can't stand. Mallcrawlers of any make and truly horrible hackjobs.

Way more capable?

Now you worked yourself all up.

The short wheelbase was already a problem when Willys started building Jeeps.
And compared to the XJ the Wangler has its shortcomings.
That is all I wanted to point out.

I wouldn't get pissed either if they flipped me off, couldn't care less.

I'm into Jeeps for over 30 years and make my statements based on experience with those type vehicles. No ill will towards anybody intended.;)

I used to wheel with a group of "barbie" jeeps, i f they gave me a hard time, I would just say an XJ is what barbie drives when she grows up, drives em crazy.

Honestly, I wouldn't get all upset though. Just get out wheeling with them, let them draw their own conclusions firsthand. Kind of hard to call someones rig a pos, when they are pullling you out.

Trolling may have began as an internet phenomon, but today, people troll EVERYWHERE, from twitter, to the freeway, etc etc.

Dont feed them. Calmly un-fallow him, hes such a complete (edited out to not offended twitters XXXX) that 1 less fallower on twitter will hurt more than not getting the jeep wave back from some stupid xj driver =)

I used to work with a guy who bought a hummer years ago, the H1 or H2 or whatever it was. He seemed to throw every after market bolt on junk he could and very quickly all those cheap ebay parts start to rust and it just looked horrible. On top of that when he parked he would park 2 wheels up on the curb, to show off the flex... On a curb... He ragged on my XJ all the time, I just ignored it until one day I made the off hand comment about how he parked on the curb. I asked if he wasn't able to see and that's why he had 2 wheels on the curb, when he countered saying no that he was doing it on purpose. I again just off handedly said something about how a curb is the only thing he could get over or that is the most offroad his hummer will ever see, he didn't like that much. I offered to go out into a field near our parking lot where some of us would go and tool around in, there were some dirt mounds and such. He declined saying he didn't want to get any flats from being out there....

Why attempt to argue with people like that, they will never change their opinion and arguing only seems to re-affirm in their mind what they want.

Oh and as far as the whole wave thing, I hate it. I some times am not paying attention and don't see someone waving until it's too late to wave back, they must think I am a jerk because I didn't wave. Or my hands are on the wheel because I am Driving and not out socializing and can't wave, a lot of people must think wow people in XJ's are jerks because they don't wave....

Same thing with motorcycles, why do people feel the need to wave all the time. When your on a ride and pass 100 bikes in a ride, do you really want to wave 100 times? I read in I think it was sport bike rider years ago about one of the writers went to germany for a big group ride. He was waving at ever passerby and was angry no one was waving back. When they stopped for a break he was complaining how rude everyone was being to him by not waving back. One of the locals said, they are out to ride and focus entirely on having the best ride possible. They save the socializing for After the ride, makes sense to me.

haters-gonna-hate-barbie-jeep-wheelie.gif

I dunno I guess this has always been a hot button for me because I know my Jeep is just as perfectly capable as a Wrangler and these Wrangler guys sometimes can be so arrogant. I mean I can understand someone arguing that any of the IFS Jeeps, especially the Compass and Patriot, not being real Jeeps but the Cherokee and Wrangler share way too much to not be considered the same kind of vehicle.

Oh well. I know there are still many great Wrangler drivers out there too that are not so prejudice haha Can't let one or two douche bags ruin the whole bunch. I'll just keep waving like an idiot and if I get a wave back awesome! If not, well then they just don't get it.

Wheelbase does make a differance, I have gotten high centered on obtacles a similarly built wrangler cleared with minimal difficulty.

Have also walked right up steep climbs that it took a buddy in a YJ 30 mins to clear.

Tradeoff to everything. The people that think there is a "perfect" wheelbase haven't spent enough time in the dirt. Kinda like the Hummer on a curb mentioned earlier, some folks are afraid they are losing the weiner contest.
Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. Mhmm

I dunno I guess this has always been a hot button for me because I know my Jeep is just as perfectly capable as a Wrangler and these Wrangler guys sometimes can be so arrogant.
So what, let em be pricks. Life is short man you'll enjoy yours more when you stop worrying so much about everyone else's.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. Mhmm

Strong with the force this one is... :laugh:

All I have to say is the XJ is the reason Jeep still exists. If you look at the sales numbers during the decline of AMC and the Chrysler purchase of Jeep the XJ was the only vehicle actually selling in good numbers to make the buyout worth it.

So where the K-Car saved Chrysler, the XJ saved Jeep.

So let the CJ/YJ/TJ/LJ/JK guys talk smack, they all owe the XJ a debt of gratitude otherwise that timeline would have stopped with YJ. :cheers:

Back