• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Projectors HID

That I am! I've been on there since '05 or longer.. same name over there. I just don't see how they can charge so much for a retro'd projector inside a housing. It's asinine. If you're tempted to buy it done up already, I should start my own business retro'ing 'em and reselling.... hmmm.... That'd be HUGE profits.

DanMan2k06 said:
I assume you're on HIDplanet as well ghost? I know what you mean about the retro, but at the same time it gets complicated trying to finish 100 projects at once. Not that I would ever blow a G on some headlights, but it gets tempting. I'm still trying to find the smallest (shortest) projector though. XJ's don't have much in the way of room behind the header panel.

^ Lol talk to some of the dudes over there... like a $400 profit margin on some of the retro's they do.

I'm a member as well, but I tend to sit back and learn a lot more, and post when I really need to. Got any projectors you wanna sell? :)

Reflector HID's look much better than projector HID's from an oncoming traffic POV. When driving towards a vehicles HID projector's, they look like convex magnifying glasses that turn different colors as the cars suspension bobs up/down. Reflector HID's (i.e. MB) look absolutely uniform in color output.

Wish you guys had more pics of your ideas

here's some pics of 5000k HID in Cibie H4's

hid3.jpg
hid2.jpg

Back