• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LED Lightbar vs. Headlights w/ Pics

Light bar on the street? NO! It wold be worse than those asshats with HIDs in a Halogen housing.

But legal depending on where it's mounted. At least in California. CVC 24402. :) I've got a pair of VisionX cannons mounted just inboard of the headlamps, was looking up whether I had to put a cover on them or not when I am on the street. Answer is no cover required "auxiliary driving lights"

Even my two small Rigid D2's in the grille are brighter than my HID high beams. They put out great light to the side, but no way in hell can you run them on the street, even pointed down.

Low beams (E55 projectors) and stock foglights.

D2's added

Those are the D2 Driving Lights with the flush mount bracketry. You can run them on the street in his configuration in CA according to the CVC but they can only be on with the high beams. Ie. turn them off for oncoming traffic. Of course out of wheeler road at superstition OHV the rangers will call them "Takedown lights" and issue you a ticket under 24411. :( Most states vehicle code will be similar.

Mine aren't the flush mounted D2's. I was able to secure a bar of angle aluminum behind the grille to bolt up the Rigid brackets. I lined them up so the lights sit just flush with the grille bars. Didn't want to set them back too far because it would prevent the lights from shining onto the sides of the road to see deer and other animals.

I'd say you could mount them the same way in an XJ if they fit in between the grille bars. On mine, they were the perfect width, just fit.

I don't see why you can't do an HID upgrade on your 200 instead.
I will admit that-that LED light bar is very nice, but it's definitely not for everyone.

Most of the time, the standard bulbs are fine (and makes my XJ's look like incandecent pen lights!) and those would mainly be for those times where high beams would be preferred, but due to on comming traffic, can't be used for fear of blinding those drivers.

Back