• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

H4 led head light kits..... Thoughts?

THey are autopals. I do need to re aim.
Looking at the pics again it looks like everything is point way down in front (including the lightbar). Could be that you were just on a hill or something.

Looking at the pics again it looks like everything is point way down in front (including the lightbar). Could be that you were just on a hill or something.

I wasn't on a hill. I had to aim way low to not blind people with the HID's. I eyeballed the lightbar so it very well could be aimed low. It's cold so it's just gonna have to stay like that. All this talk of retrofits made me go to TRS's site on break and price mishmoto H1's. I'm gonna talk with Tony and see what he can do for me as well.

if you still have your HID kit save the ballasts. if you have Tony get you projectors, then all you need is bulbs. it will save you a few bucks ;)

I talked with Tony, We're gonna be doing business very soon! Talyn won't hate my lights anymore! :D

I don't hate them I'm just hoping that the aiming issues are just making them to look worse than they really are.

Haha, they could definitely be better but really they aren't all that bad. I'm just happy I'm gonna be going to a proper projector.

Anyone have picture of the Cibie (C-B-A) light pattern?

Quick pics of the Cibies with Narva 90/100 bulbs, ~10 feet from the wall. I need to find a better wall.

Lows:
cibhal.jpg

Highs:
cibhalh.jpg

Yup, mine look like that. Did you do the D. Stern aiming procedure? I actually had fun playing with it. Now I have to aim my Vision-X 20* drivers.

Only driven it 3 blocks but liked what I saw so far.

Yes, I did.

Figured you did. Looks about like mine when I did them 3 days ago. I noticed when I pulled close to the marks on the door that the alignment was still about dead on. I did the adjustment at 22.5' not 25'.. didn't feel like moving an 8' bench loaded with the usual junk for the extra 2.5'. Pretty sweet setup IMO with defined cutoff and lines to adj. to. Sealed beams have always seemed so hit/miss, hunt/peck.

Gary

Any other updates?
Is the consensus that the current H4 LED kits are junk?

Back