• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

H4 led head light kits..... Thoughts?

Look, I realize you're super sensitive about this subject, considering how much time and money you've dumped into your projector set up,
I don't have a projector setup. Get your facts straight.
First of all, like I said, one of those led's can put out 2200 lumens, easy.
I'll believe it when someone does testing on those kits to prove other wise.

Bros! Chill out! Don't let this turn into another worthless thread filled with useless bashing. The housings won't be here for a while, so if someone wants to do some legit testing with a good camera and some measurements, ill gladly throw the bulbs- err, chips rather, in a first class mail package.

Bros! Chill out! Don't let this turn into another worthless thread filled with useless bashing. The housings won't be here for a while, so if someone wants to do some legit testing with a good camera and some measurements, ill gladly throw the bulbs- err, chips rather, in a first class mail package.

X2:thumbup: Keep it positive and factual. A bunch of us that want LED's but can't afford Trucklites are watching this!

I'm digging this thread and depending on real world results, all 4 of my XJ's and my MJ will get these and I still won't have much more money in all 5 vehicles that I would if I only did Trucklites in two of them.

Talyn, were you just mistaken for Urban_Yan?

LOL, you're right! My bad, Talyn. But my point remains.

I'll believe it when someone does testing on those kits to prove other wise.

Argue with the data sheet?

The housings won't be here for a while, so if someone wants to do some legit testing with a good camera and some measurements, ill gladly throw the bulbs- err, chips rather, in a first class mail package.

I've got some on the way. I don't have a lumen-o-meter, but I have an SLR and know how to use it. So at least I can get some apples to apples comparison pics.

I've got some on the way. I don't have a lumen-o-meter, but I have an SLR and know how to use it. So at least I can get some apples to apples comparison pics.

The set I ordered arrived. Crap right out of the box. A lot dimmer than the halogen H4s. I'm counting it on being a bad manufacturer as no way in hell is that any where near spec. After those are returned and I get my money back I'll be getting another set. Maybe two to compare, the one with the 1520s and one with the 1512s in 4000k.

From an email I received from Daniel Stern today (I've been talking with him about upgrading my '99 headlights): "[FONT=&quot]These LED lamps are not all the same; most of them are junk -- there's a new one about to be released soon that is going to stomp all over what's come before; recommend waiting til that one's available."
Just some food for thought.
[/FONT]

He said he'd supply me with a link to the new LEDs when he gets it. Guess we'll find out.
I have Vision-X dual/dual 10W 20* beam LED for offroad lights on my winch bumper.

http://www.visionxusa.com/LED-LED_P...IT_OF_2_LIGHTS_WITH_HARNESS/product_info.html

They are scortchers but I haven't really had a chance to run them in the boonies where it's really dark. If the new LED Daniel is talking about "stomp all over" these I will be impressed for sure. Cost will be interesting for sure.

I look forward to these mystery bulbs hitting the market. Be interested to see the output numbers.

I look forward to these mystery bulbs hitting the market. Be interested to see the output numbers.
x2, especially if Daniel Stern okays them.
If that one truly puts out what they claim then it looks like a really good buy.
You can get them cheaper on Alibaba if you want to go that route.

It's funny how some people develop personal legend. In rock climbing, you have Fred Beckey. In film, John Wayne. Music? Hank Williams. In automotive lighting, Daniel Stern has become the guru - he seldom chimes in personally, but we all talk about him & what he says to be true as the final arbiter.

Funny how that happens, is all.

It's funny how some people develop personal legend. In rock climbing, you have Fred Beckey. In film, John Wayne. Music? Hank Williams. In automotive lighting, Daniel Stern has become the guru - he seldom chimes in personally, but we all talk about him & what he says to be true as the final arbiter.

Funny how that happens, is all.

True. Consider though, does anyone really need a $400 set of headlights? I am getting along fine with my Autopals and Putco for now. I know they aren't the top of the line. There are connoisseurs who love a fine wine and others who can enjoy a cold brew. Both get the job done.

photo_zpsf7f81d1c.jpg

photo_zps5ca009f8.jpg

photo_zpscf291f2b.jpg

photo_zps2cd9a197.jpg

photo_zps66323149.jpg
Did your not come with heat sinks?

Back