• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please share photos of your cargo area.

Here's mine from a few months ago when I still had my JL W7 and the action packer in there. My fishing poles always rode in the back seat with this setup.
Jeep01-07-08065.jpg

I got really tired of having to dig through that massive box for items on the bottom so I switched to a couple of gear bags and a toolbox. Also downsized the sub in the name of cargo space and got my fishing poles up and out of harms way.
Jeep01-07-08002.jpg

Here is the platform I built for my storage. Still building on to it as I see fit, but its a good flat place to start. There is actually a ton of room back there once you get the rear seat and crap out of the way...

DSCN0429.jpg

DSCN0430.jpg

DSCN0428.jpg

This shows my camp kitchen starpped in, and my little craftsman tool box that is bolted through the floor.

DSCN0552.jpg

Heavy Duty removable tie downs, bolted through the wood and the metal flooring. rated for 4000 lbs. straight pull.

DSCN0553.jpg

DSCN0568.jpg

~James

Here is the platform I built for my storage. Still building on to it as I see fit, but its a good flat place to start. There is actually a ton of room back there once you get the rear seat and crap out of the way...

This shows my camp kitchen starpped in, and my little craftsman tool box that is bolted through the floor.

Heavy Duty removable tie downs, bolted through the wood and the metal flooring. rated for 4000 lbs. straight pull.

DSCN0568.jpg

~James
Those are sweet! Were did you get em?

I got them HERE from a guy on another board, but it has the place that sells them on there. I was a little skeptical, but they are freekin sweet. Anodized aluminum, light weight, beefy and compact. I am going to get 4 more of them pretty soon. I think someone makes a long track peice that the ring can hook to, so it can be adjusted easily.

Actually, look here. This is the track I mentioned. http://www.mrproducts.com/index.php?cat=(Trailer)%20Alum%20Load%20Track%20&%20Fittings&PHPSESSID=6ada1e8efbf148c1f348d01d8a80417d

~James

Looks like and early xmas present to myself will be in-order veryy shorlty. They look like they would even work for a roof rack! awesome thanks!

yeah, the more that I look at the track system, the wheels are turning for sure. I think I may also be buying my christmas in a few minutes.... now where did I put that credit card. :phone:

~James

I want to know how he got the split rear seat like that. That'd be pretty usefull at times.

I like the mountaineer rack too but it looked like it didn't allow alot of space underneath for stuff including my spare so I built my own. It can be taken out in about 5 minutes with a few wingnuts and 2 bolts. I was able to have my sub and my brand new bfg 32 underneath. You can kinda see the stinkring it left on the carpet

and one before paint and after a trip

its a wj rear seat bench

i want one of those seats. also i's like that rack out of that jeep. it looks retarded. send it to me :D

Sweet!! I wish I could get all my junk in a trunk.

Pics. to follow.. (Hey its friday)

Nick

DSCN0429.jpg

~James

That's pretty slick. I had though of doing something like this and then putting trap doors in toopto access the footwell space. I though it would be nice to have a big flat area like that so we could sleep in the back on camping trips, but the thought of having to move all the stuff in and out to make room everytime kind of blew. Plus, even at 5'8" I'm too tall to sleep in the back like that.

In any case, looks good and looks like you have plenty of room to haul stuff around.

It's about time for me to update everyone with photos with my NEW cargo area. I'll get pics up soon, but just a warning, I got a little Suzuki Samurai...
NO room at all. I miss my XJ... alot

and I like that platform Stump. Looks real stout and sturdy. That definitley increases the utility of an XJ by alot

Back