• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please share photos of your cargo area.

l_7c809a9aa48545d5a67deec91bdbb384.jpg

l_3090f70ec7134e55ba5cff2cae54c3d1.jpg

Then the spare tire cover just goes right over to give it a stock look
l_795b4b2317994a839a501afb86f552b8.jpg

Sparetire.jpg

I like the beer holder

GREAT thread....my wheels are really spinning now....time to get the tablesaw going!!

Got the Tuffy box with the rack used for $50 and spend $10 replacing the drawer glides. I later added some barrel locks and a folding handle. That is a 33x10.50x15 tire in there. It holds all of my gear. The shovel and hilift bar rest underneath, and the ax parks across the top of the box, wedged under the rack. I have an amp mounted to the pass. side, but no sub yet.

BTW, I can't believe the amount of stuff you guys carry. When I put this box in, I loaded all my gear back in it and was amazed at how tail heavy it was. It all came back out and I carefully went through and pulled out what wasn't needed. The only metric wrench I carry is a 10mm, as most everything else has a standard that will work. I have a few select screwdrivers, some adjustable wrenches, a test light etc. If something fails on the trail, I don't need to completely repair it out there, I just need it to get me home.

BTW, I can't believe the amount of stuff you guys carry. When I put this box in, I loaded all my gear back in it and was amazed at how tail heavy it was. It all came back out and I carefully went through and pulled out what wasn't needed. The only metric wrench I carry is a 10mm, as most everything else has a standard that will work. I have a few select screwdrivers, some adjustable wrenches, a test light etc. If something fails on the trail, I don't need to completely repair it out there, I just need it to get me home.

You're right, and I even started a thread to that point a while back, but I never really got anywhere with it.

With my fancy-ass new box, I've got so much room, I can't say "no" to anything. I literally carry every wrench and socket I own.

So I've got one 13mm wrench, but five 13mm sockets: 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2" drive, plus 1/4 and 3/8" deepwells.

Stupid, I know. Way stupid.

But it loads up so nice, I just can't help myself...

Robert

You're right, and I even started a thread to that point a while back, but I never really got anywhere with it.

With my fancy-ass new box, I've got so much room, I can't say "no" to anything. I literally carry every wrench and socket I own.

So I've got one 13mm wrench, but five 13mm sockets: 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2" drive, plus 1/4 and 3/8" deepwells.

Stupid, I know. Way stupid.

But it loads up so nice, I just can't help myself...

Robert

I think I just carry shallows, but I can't remember...lol. I have not found anything on my XJ that requires a deepwell, that I can't get a wrench on. I also carry two 3/8 ratchets and adapters for 1/4 inch sockets. I don't carry anything in 1/2". That's mostly suspension size stuff and that can be done with wrenches. The only exception is the socket for the front axle nut, and I use adapters for that.

Back