• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my 2 door chopped build thread...

thanks. there's been a lot more done i just haven't been able to get the pictures on to my computer to post. that and most of the things done aren't really picture worthy

front fenders are all trimmed, both inner and outter. he's sitting on all 4's now for the first time in about 2 months.
flares on all cut. just need some backing plates to mount them.

now it's getting into all the tedious things.

soon...

oh and yes the rear wiper will be connected, along with the rear defrost

thanks. there's been a lot more done i just haven't been able to get the pictures on to my computer to post. that and most of the things done aren't really picture worthy

front fenders are all trimmed, both inner and outter. he's sitting on all 4's now for the first time in about 2 months.
flares on all cut. just need some backing plates to mount them.

now it's getting into all the tedious things.

soon...

oh and yes the rear wiper will be connected, along with the rear defrost

We demand pics!:gee:

ok so i stopped being lazy and uploaded the few pics i have. nothing really special but the fenders are finally on and it's sitting under it's own weight

initial trim for cage tube

frontfenderinitialcut.jpg

stock tj coils with some 33's

frontfendermounted.jpg

how the fender is mounted in the bottom rear corner. i welded a bolt on the back of the fender.

fendermountingtab.jpg

so i finally had a chance to get some things done on the jeep. getting real close now.

the "bed" is almost all sealed in.

bedpassinside.jpg

beddriverinside.jpg

pcm reloacted after i cut/redid the inner fender

cpumounted.jpg

pass rear tail section, just need to put some armor on the outside before i can fully weld it.

taillightweldedpass.jpg

driver tail light section.

taillightweldeddriver.jpg

still alot left to do but most is just little things. other than figuring out a way to make some 64" chevy springs work from the rear. and build the mid arm for the front.

most everything is purchased for the axles. well enough to get me running anyway.

ok so my delusions of grandeur are now all gone. there really isn't a way to fit some 64" chevy springs under the jeep right now. well there is but i don't want to get into that now. so it looks like i'm going to be redoing the bumper so i have some clearence for the stock xj springs under it now.

this will give me a better idea of how much i will need to lift it, if any

sorry no pics right now. more to come once i get the jeep running and move it to my buddy's garage

ok so it's still moving along. i'm starting to pick up some rhythm on working on this thing to get it finished. but i've ran into some problems.

1. i wired the tail lights and reverse lights (all LED) and only one brake light works. i think this may be due to the fact i don't have the front grill on so the rest of the lights are hooked up.

2. my old header panel shit the bed so i got a new one, only to find out the plug was cut for the head light wiring harness and my plug on the old header panel is corroded. i got both ends of a plug from a 99 xj, which is nothing like my plug. can i just splice the wires into this new plug and use that as long as the right wires go to the right pins? or are there some kind of jumpers in the pin that will screw things up.

i can get pics if it will help.

thanks

thanks for the link. i do remember reading that one awhile back. after reading that one and a few other write ups. i think i'm just going to use some blade connectors to connect the headlight wiring harness to the engine bay harness.

thanks for the link. i do remember reading that one awhile back. after reading that one and a few other write ups. i think i'm just going to use some blade connectors to connect the headlight wiring harness to the engine bay harness.

That works but the main point of that install is to prevent all the power from going through your headlight switch and to upgrade the wire gauge.

You'll gain brightness by simply doing that with the stock headlights. The add better bulbs and you'll see a major difference.

the stock headlights are kind of dim. i probably will end up doing this.

when searching for a plug to replace the corroded one on the jeep i got one from a 99 xj, mine is a 93, i noticed that the wiring on the 99 was considerably smaller than my wiring. i'm not sure on the gauge of the wire but mine looked like 16 and the 99's wiring looked like 18 or 20.
those numbers are pure guess. i just noticed the wiring was smaller.

Back