• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my 2 door chopped build thread...

well it's on the 35's, but alas not in the light. if i can get the interior put back together tomorrow and the brakes bled i'll get some pics of it in the light.

so here's a question for everyone. i'm getting ready to start building my front axle and getting all the parts for my mid arm 3 link. so far from what i've measured and what i've cut. i need to push the axle forward about an inch. now i'm going to be putting on a tnt customs truss, which has slots for the coil buckets to move. should i worry at all about moving the coil buckets for an inch or will it not really make a difference?

just a recap, it's sitting on 3in RC coils up front with 35's i'll get some pics as soon as i get time to work on it in the daylight

so here's a question for everyone. i'm getting ready to start building my front axle and getting all the parts for my mid arm 3 link. so far from what i've measured and what i've cut. i need to push the axle forward about an inch. now i'm going to be putting on a tnt customs truss, which has slots for the coil buckets to move. should i worry at all about moving the coil buckets for an inch or will it not really make a difference?

just a recap, it's sitting on 3in RC coils up front with 35's i'll get some pics as soon as i get time to work on it in the daylight
If its fairly easy to move the coil buckets you should. That way the spring is straight and won't rub the bumpstop tube.

cool, thanks for the feedback. i'm waiting to hear back from tnt customs as to how much the slots move the coil buckets on there truss for the d30.

the hp30 probably won't be built till and installed until the spring, but i'm probably going to be buying the truss soon.

and as an update all i have to do is bleed the brakes mount two flares, cover a couple holes, put my interior back in and he'll be ready to leave the garage for the first time in over a year.

best i could get of him with the 35's on about 3in of lift or so in the rear i think.

sittingon35s.jpg

my interior panels all covered and mounted up.

interiorpanelsinstalled.jpg

interior is almost completely done. i just need to take the center console out to run some wires and hook up the amp to my head unit. well i guess i should put in my head liner too. then it's just bleeding the brakes and running my license plate light

so it's pretty much ready for pa state inspection minus not having any brakes. when replacing my brake lines and bleeding the brakes my mc decided to take a poop. the booster had a bunch of rust around it so i'm going to replace that too.

quick question.

will using a mc set up for disc brakes front/rear, be bad on my rig with rear drum brakes.

cool thanks man.

that's what i was thinking and a few buddies figured as well.

i've already got a mc from a wj for when i swap the 8.8 in and didn't really want to buy a new mc just to replace it again in a few months. i'll just hold of on the prop valve till i swap axles.

best i have right now. i'm hoping my parts come in and i have time to change them out so i can get this thing out and inspected

allpainted.jpg

IT LIVES!!!!

finally drove it out of the garage for the first time in over a year. took it around the block a few times. i think it'll be fine with an alignment. but i still need to get it up to speed. only hit 30mph. but no DW. if it isn't snowing too bad tomorrow when i get home from work i'll snap some pics

now i just need to tune the stereo and figure out why my temp gauge isn't working

for those who've relocated their fuel tank through the floor, did you notice your fuel pump being really loud?

hope that's not next on the list to replace

all done... well mostly. i just need to replace the wiper motor that took a shit before i can get it inspected.

chopped two door
4.0l
aw4
np231
3in-ish of lift
a little trimming of the fenders
sitting on 35's

finishedproduct.jpg

finishedproduct3.jpg

finishedproduct2.jpg

/\ never thought of that. come spring the rockers will be painted along with the bumpers. they be a bronze grey color. so will the wheels.

i may have to see how that would look with the lower body line being painted.

thanks for the kudos and ideas

Back