• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

new york state can suck it...why are they the only state ive ever been to that won't take a debit card for a car rental??? i havent paid my bill on my travelling credit card this month (i leave the big one at home so i don't do anything stupid) and it only has a $500 limit. enterprise needs to put a $350 hold on a card and you cant use a debit card when you have an out of state license...thats BS. so i paid my balance in full this afternoon hoping the payment will show up tomorrow so i can get some damn wheels. i hate public transportation...just a curse of being born in the midwest i guess

They don't take debit cards because if you skip and don't pay or you bring it back 2 weeks late and don't pay, they can't charge the credit card company with your negligence.

Your debit card can only be charged with whatever is in your bank account and that's not enough for them when you're driving their car around.

Mac, that looks an awful lot like the standard one available in the heating/ventilation/insulation plumbing aisle at home depot, I want to say I paid ten bucks. Hell if shipping wouldn't be about the same I would send it to you, my problem ended up being a plugged pilot orifice (the silver tube). They have a few in stock, the only difference is how long the signal line is. It is the copper wire, unscrews at each end. It's actually an insulated wire inside a thin copper tube.

the tc should be the copper line. I think.

the end will have a probe that the pilot fire heats, when the pilot goes out the tc cools, thus shutting off the gas supply to the pilot.

Can you get the pilot to light when pushing the black knob? Then the pilot goes out even after letting the tc warm?

call me when you're awake.

That would be nice if it's that cheap and easy. A thermocouple on a machine at work is over $350. Cold showers are never fun.

Back home again in Indiana.

the tc should be the copper line. I think.

the end will have a probe that the pilot fire heats, when the pilot goes out the tc cools, thus shutting off the gas supply to the pilot.

Can you get the pilot to light when pushing the black knob? Then the pilot goes out even after letting the tc warm?

call me when you're awake.

I have no gas at all at the pilot...

I may take the valve apart I guess and see if I can find any issues...

I am also looking at electric conversions since we always have electricity...

Dan I'll call you here in a few

mac 'here's to not blowing up' gyvr

So in the P&P today I was just looking around because it was nice out this morning and decided it was something to do. Scored a set of cargo nets out of a gm van and first gen Pontiac Grand Prix GTP hood vents that I'm not sure I'll use yet.

But more to the point... I also snagged a power steering cooler from a Durango (looks like a tiny trans cooler, just makes one "U" shape) the factory had it mounted with the tubes running vertical with the bend at the top. I thought that was always discouraged as this trapped air in the top (PSC says so anyway). Should I replicate how it was factory mounted or mod it and take an elbow off of one of the inlets of it so I can run it horizontal?

I got the hot water heater to work in the camper...

I only singed (sp?) my hand once...it was quite impressive...

My thanks to Forewheeler and SeanR for the phone calls...

mac 'pics to come' gyvr

They don't take debit cards because if you skip and don't pay or you bring it back 2 weeks late and don't pay, they can't charge the credit card company with your negligence.

Your debit card can only be charged with whatever is in your bank account and that's not enough for them when you're driving their car around.

well they are taking a depost of 350 no matter what...i only have a 500 dollar limit on my cc, so no matter what they aren't getting any benefit from one over the other. i've used debit/credit cards in a lot of places i've traveled. new york state is the first where i couldn't. hell i would have given them a 500 deposit out of my debit card, but i don't make the laws. ny state is the only place thats ever given me trouble on a lot of issues, and that is part of the reason i got fed up with living there. the best was when i got a bs ticket for being on my cell phone in manhattan. cop was borderline screaming at me and was ready to pull me out of my car. he refused to look at my phone which would have clearly show that i hadn't been on my phone for hours. i had to waste an entire day on one of my trips out here to appear in court and the officer read the wrong ticket. the whole case was thrown out...its a gorgeous state if you can deal with all of the bs

Why do they use safety torx? So you don't tear things apart and put them back together wrong. LOL, right Mac? :D

Side note, been shopping for my granddaughter on eBay...

picture.php

Why do they use safety torx? So you don't tear things apart and put them back together wrong. LOL, right Mac? :D

Side note, been shopping for my granddaughter on eBay...

picture.php

heh...yeah...but at least it works...

i'll make sure you have a sex for our little munchkin...and let you spoil them too...

mac 'we will have a diaper keg' gyvr

Back