• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How To: Build your own 4.0L turbo Cummins (Beware...170+ pics)

thank you bryson... i did PM you but i got no response. i apologize for prying but im workin on doing a turbo setup as well but i think im goin to try a turbo with a .48 AR for quicker spool and better trail-a-bility

I just realized I didn't post any overall pics of the rig...

IMG_2685.jpg

IMG_2704.jpg

Flex testing...

IMG_2639.jpg

IMG_2640.jpg

:patriot:

Ah ok, the Jeep with the tuner wheels that look surprisingly good! I love the Jeep!

nice work bro.

glad to see you finally got it all figured out

Whats the difference in the design between the regular wheels and the offroad version?

I figured I could just pick up a 5x114.3 and roll it!

Just make sure the centerbore is large enough and check the lug seating style - if they are meant for flat or ball seating, you need to get lug nuts that will fit that, because XJ OEM lug nuts are acorn style cone seat. If they're meant for flat seats, you also probably should use a hub centric conversion ring if needed... I think.

Centerbore was my main concern. We're at 73.1 or something crazy huge. Lugnut style stuff has been confusing me for a while now.

I assumed worst case, I'd find a wheel I liked that needed the center bored out. Now I get to pick up new lugs too?!

Even then, I don't have rear discs OR a turbo...

Well today I had the pleasure of meeting Bryson as I was pickin some material up from him.
While there he took me for a ride in that boosted 'xj' of his. And now as I sit at dinner on my way back home, I'm wondering what I can sell to boost my jeep :D
The setup is just pure sex. Everything fits under the hood snugly and well. The first few streets we were on the turbo wasn't noticable. If it weren't for popping the hood and the guages on the pillar I never woulda know. After the jeep was warmed up we hit a street and he opened the throttle up. Maybe 75% throttle. A very drool worthy spool of the turbo accompanied an amazingly quick acceleration of the jeep. After watchin the speedo climb to 70 faster than my jeep could ever dream of, I was satisfied with a nice blow off from the jeep and laugh from Bryson. A fee streets later he laid the throttle down a bit harder and the jeep just sped off. I couldn't believe how smooth and easily the jeep climbed up to speed. It felt unbelievably tame while the speedo made you watch in amazement.
Very, very kick ass build.
Bryson. Cool meeting ya bud and thanks again for the ride. Now I have to talk the lady into letting me spend more money on the jeep. :thumbup:

Back