• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How To: Build your own 4.0L turbo Cummins (Beware...170+ pics)

I can only imagine how many sleepless nights you spent scheming up this project. Great write up and beautiful work!

What did you gap your plugs at? I did mine at .027, same brand/part number you're running.

Also, are you running straight water in your intercooler?

And how many wires is it that hooks up from the FI/C to the patch harness?

I call :bs:!

hahah well you would know!

Its that I6 engine note! nothing like it. Especially after its turbo'd

One time when I pulled up to auto zone, the cashier asked if I had swapped a cummins into the XJ.... I now ask for my parts by number needless to say....:banghead:

Thats the piston slap you are hearing that makes it sound like a diesel... nothing about the exhaust note,..

Haha, Ian! You're funny! pushing 5000 psi makes a lot of piston slap. I don't know everything about diesels, I just happen to have worked for Cummins. Hopefully, I will be back soon! To give him credit talyn, he put engine note not exhaust note! :roflmao:

Haha, Ian! You're funny! pushing 5000 psi makes a lot of piston slap. I don't know everything about diesels, I just happen to have worked for Cummins. Hopefully, I will be back soon! To give him credit talyn, he put engine note not exhaust note! :roflmao:

Havent you guys realized that I dont know what im talking about... ever??!
:rolleyes:

Well we canceled our camping trip due to the weather reports then later we're staring at nice blue sky :bawl:I should have known not to trust our weather peeps. We ended up landscaping instead.

What did you gap your plugs at? I did mine at .027, same brand/part number you're running.

Also, are you running straight water in your intercooler?

And how many wires is it that hooks up from the FI/C to the patch harness?

I gapped at .030. So far no issues with blow out. However with my experience of the MSD SS coil, the plugs could probubly be gapped at .050 and still fire fine. The plugs would melt before getting down the street, but it would fire.

I'm running a 90/10 mix of water to antifreeze.

Theres quite a few wires that get wired into the harness. Here's a link that gives you a better idea. It's for a JK so the pinouts are different, but the amount of wires and sensors it ties into is the same.

http://forum.aempower.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=22262.0;attach=4933

Thanks guys. I'll do my best at getting dyno time and some videos taken. We've got a lot going on right now though. Me and my fiance are getting married in about a month, along with several Boostwerks projects that need to get done as well :confused1

Back