• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gorman/Frazier park this weekend 11/07/03

Spelling

Ooops multitasking and forgot to check spelling. I think you all will get it though:rolleyes:

Sounds like fun, looks like I missed out.

Care to do it again in a few weeks?? ;)

-Scott

How about T-Giving weekend?? I have Thursday off (Family day) work on Friday..:mad: and then nothing else thru out the weekend.... I was thinking maybe BC-109, on the backside of Frazier Park? Or Rohwer Flats in Santa Clarita? Can try and run it from the backside!!! I started this thread wanting to go, kids got really sick and couldn't make it so, want to get some wheelin in b4 Xmas gets here!

Scott Suyeto

I MIGHT be able to make it. I have to regear my front diff and install the lockrite and put the front shaft back in.

I also have to figure out what to do with my disconnect axle. The factory tubes are not long enough to reach the axle. Anyone know if I can just pop the case on the vac unit and slide the collar over into the "locked" position and call it good? It would be just like driving a late model D30 right? I guess I could work up a cable system to acutuate it, but i'd rather not have to deal with it if at all possible.

If I can accomplish all of the above i'd really like to go out for a minor run. I have not gotten to fully test it yet so I don't have too much of a desire to push it until I know things are stable, not to mention my rock rails will not be in until next month.

-Scott

Hey Shannon, found your way to NAXJA huh? Yup, I'll be there and I'll bring the springs! They're starting to collect dust in my garage... I'll clean them up for you.

Yeah, Rohwer Flats looks like it would be pretty hairy from the backside, need to get a few more folks to go up with us.

Scott Suyeto

Thanksgiving Weekend

Backside of Rowher flats is not that bad. Pretty steep in spots but plenty of room to work with. I will probably be in Hungry Valley again that weekend, as I told the kids I would let them drive again that weekend. Alot more play area in HV.

Last time we went up to Rohwer flats was after a good rain, and we started from the OHV area. We started to come down the back side and it was slick!!! We decided not go down the steep side and opted for the easy way out..... We could have probably made it but it looked like a tobogan run!!! And didn't feel like driving home with slicks in my drawls!

Scott Suyeto

Back