• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rip off alert!!!! (long read...)

The yellow paint on the trans could be because it was the trans in MacTard's super sweet buggy? :D

Definatley turn them in. Issue the notice, not threat, of what you are doing and give them the opportunity to remedy. Due to the size of the claim, you most likely will wind up in small claims. This means you will need to have a reputable shop verify that it is a used, not rebuilt, transmission.

As a side note and not it the defence of these bags, some trans rebuilders paint the boxes to prevent other unreputable folks from swapping in a bad trans and then claiming warranty on it. If there is corrosion under the paint, I would think it a slam dunk.

I'm not an Attorney either, but I have been to small claims and you can win if the product delivered does not match what you were invoiced for.

Here is the original ad my mother had emailed me when they were looking to get the work done... Looks pretty legit! (and that 300 bucks is bench time for the tranny, then ad in parts and removal/install labor...)

REBUILT MANUAL AND AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS - $300 (BRIGHTON)

Date: 2011-03-28, 10:08AM MDT
Reply to: [email protected]
[ Errors when replying to ads?]

MANUAL AND AUTOMATIC

These are complete rebuilds not patch jobs

unless specified by YOU we replace all clutches, gasgets, seals and all worn parts not just whats needed to make it work for a year or 2
we test electrical and pressure test the transmission before it leaves, If you do have a problem DO NOT REMOVE the transmission bring in the whole vehicle so we an test it in the car if its something we did we will remove, repair and reinstall the transmission at our cost'

THAT'S HOW CONFIDENT WE ARE IN OUR TRANSMISSIONS

Why get a used one and take a chance it will work? give us a call we can repair or rebuild YOUR transmission that came out of YOUR vehicle

for $300 plus parts. All estimates are FREE !!!!

Bring in the transmission or the vehicle and it costs nothing for an estimate!

We can install if needed and we have Free towing services
(towing is free only if the work is performed there will be a small fee $50 if you decline the work for the tow)

WARRANTY 12mos 12k miles or 24mos 24k miles with new torque converter

give us a call today

720-333-9548

4L60E E4OD ford chevy domestic foreign toyota subaru honda chrysler dodge 518 700R4 cd4e and many more

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2291181173

For an 88XJ go to walmart buy some tools and fix it in your own driveway get parts new or used from yards . These are easy to work on ,and much cheaper to keep running if you do the labor I did my trans in 8 hrs alone it cost about $250 in total with a low mile 99aw4 I got off CL from a trans shop in moument new years eve . It's shame i had a pre H.O. aw4 sitting around no one wanted so I tossed it and a new Torque converter I never used that is sitting in the garage...i could have had you running for free .

Back