• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2015 FALL FLOG - OCT 23-25th - (See new thread) Change of Venue!

Re: 2015 FALL FLOG - OCT 23-25th - Durhamtown Tellico, Murphy NC

That's what I'm thinking but consensus is that the park would be too busy to have both events at the same time.

Nah been there on big weekends before and its very tolerable with a large crowd. Especially since its not a 'bouncer' event.

Lots of good trails. I have a blast with my cherokee on 35s and wheeled all over it in a downpour in my DD cherokee open on 32s. Plus the accommodations are nice, RV hookups and nice bathrooms and showers, huge grass field for parking and tents.

Nah been there on big weekends before and its very tolerable with a large crowd. Especially since its not a 'bouncer' event.

Lots of good trails. I have a blast with my cherokee on 35s and wheeled all over it in a downpour in my DD cherokee open on 32s. Plus the accommodations are nice, RV hookups and nice bathrooms and showers, huge grass field for parking and tents.

I haven't been there but that's the feel I've been getting when researching online. Thanks for the feedback.

We're in a holding formation until DT is officially closed. Then we'll make a call.

What about Stoney Lonesome ORV? Its a decent track and is minutes from i-65 and is 1400+ acres. From what I can see, it is open the weekend that is proposed

Sweet Jesus! That's 6.5 hours from here. Even farther from everyone else.

It looks really nice, though.

Oh, I know. I'll hit that place up one day. Just trying to find something that's a little more centrally located than that.

Somewhere near Macon, GA ...or between Macon and Savannah would make it more centrally located...well for me anyway.

Oh, I know. I'll hit that place up one day. Just trying to find something that's a little more centrally located than that.

This is why we were shooting for DT. It is very central to the chapter and offers the potential for some very challenging trails. We all have to remember that we have members on the east side as well as in Florida. A lot of you guys are spoiled by the fact that you don't have a 45 min drive to the pay station and then another 30 or 40 min to the trail head..... God I miss Tellico! :(

Yeah it would be nice if there was a place that's 6 hours max drive from everyone but our chapter is spread out over such a large area I understand "centrally located" generally means for the folks in NC, SC, North GA, and central/east TN.

I think it would also be a little different if we had enough members in FL to have events closer to here...but then...who wants to wheel in sand and mud all the time? I don't...that's why I grin and bear it and drive to Harlan..ya'll coming to FL for a meet n greet would just be dumb. It's not your fault I'm broke and can't drive 8-10 hours to wheel for just 1 day or 2 several times a year...cause trust me...if I could...I would! :D So the CRAWL once a year...and that's why we stay for a week!

Last edited:
Back