• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2015 FALL FLOG - OCT 23-25th - (See new thread) Change of Venue!

Re: 2015 FALL FLOG - OCT 23-25th - Durhamtown Tellico, Murphy NC

This is why we were shooting for DT. It is very central to the chapter and offers the potential for some very challenging trails. We all have to remember that we have members on the east side as well as in Florida. A lot of you guys are spoiled by the fact that you don't have a 45 min drive to the pay station and then another 30 or 40 min to the trail head..... God I miss Tellico! :(

This is also why I'm suggesting AOP. It's the next closest place to "Centrally located"

It's not your fault I'm broke and can't drive 8-10 hours to wheel for just 1 day or 2 several times a year...cause trust me...if I could...I would! :D So the CRAWL once a year...and that's why we stay for a week!

This ^^^^^ x2!

This is also why I'm suggesting AOP. It's the next closest place to "Centrally located"

Yes it is fairly central to the majority of the chapter. I'll be able to wheel further places now that the boys are older and they can drive. Well one can alone...... :dunce: I'd like to hit up AOP at some point.

This ^^^^^ x2!

Yes it is fairly central to the majority of the chapter. I'll be able to wheel further places now that the boys are older and they can drive. Well one can alone...... :dunce: I'd like to hit up AOP at some point.

AOP is only an hour farther from you than DT. You'll be ok.

2015 FALL FLOG - OCT 23-25th - Durhamtown Tellico, Murphy NC

Have to make do with what you have. Can't go to DT anymore so I think AOP is the next best idea.

AOP is only an hour farther from you than DT. You'll be ok.

For you maybe but not for me. 5 hours in a car to Nooga so I'm estimating it will take 6 towing to there then another hour is 7. I can be in DT in 5.

Tow faster!! Its worth the extra drive, plus Durhamtown is closed....

Have to make do with what you have. Can't go to DT anymore so I think AOP is the next best idea.

Tow faster!! Its worth the extra drive, plus Durhamtown is closed....

Maybe, Maybe not. I held out hope for Tellico I can hold out 6 more days for DT. I will make it to Winrock and AOP some day. Right now it's kid's alimony and work getting in the way of wheeling whenever I want to. Something I suspect most don't have to deal with.

For you maybe but not for me. 5 hours in a car to Nooga so I'm estimating it will take 6 towing to there then another hour is 7. I can be in DT in 5.

According to Google, it's 1 hour and 8 minutes farther to Chattanooga than it is to Murphy, NC. (From Hartsville)

According to Google, it's 1 hour and 8 minutes farther to Chattanooga than it is to Murphy, NC. (From Hartsville)

But Ghost drives a Ford, remember.................

Just kidding. Don't hate me.

Don't forget, the AOP park is in Central Time Zone, so those coming from NC/SC/GA/FL will gain an hour on the trip to the park.

But Ghost drives a Ford, remember.................

Just kidding. Don't hate me.

Haha! I can't say anything... I'll be towing with a Ford House.

Don't forget, the AOP park is in Central Time Zone, so those coming from NC/SC/GA/FL will gain an hour on the trip to the park.

See! You'll get there at the exact same time!

Google doesn't account for Atlanta traffic and in my experience is way off!

You gotta go through ATL whether you're going to DT or AOP, though.

No I do not. I go towards Greenville but not through it then up to Clemson. I-20 to I-26 to I-185 to I-85 then up 76. had to look up the road numbers.

Atlanta is the gateway to alot of good wheelin'!! Just make sure you hit it at the right times, and you'll be fine.

Atlanta is the gateway to alot of good wheelin'!! Just make sure you hit it at the right times, and you'll be fine.

Yeah......that time is sunday morning at 3am. Otherwise you have a good chance of hitting traffic or road work. Lived in ATL for 18 years............WILL NEVER GO BACK.

I will go way out of my way to bypass ATL if I need to go over that way. Luckily my family has moved to far NE GA and my wife's family moved to the motherland.......Alabama.

Do you know why birds fly upside down over Alabama?

ATL traffic isn't that bad as long as you hit it right... I have to go that way up to gulches and I've never been stuck in traffic that bad. I mean I have been stuck in it, but not while driving/ towing the Jeep? You need to move closer to the wheeling!

If I get stuck in traffic I'm just going to step in the back and watch a movie. :D

95df3f428df700b8bca2a6f32660aa75.jpg

43770af73fc54254a0da05c769adaf41.jpg

6c53d6546fca24a6a585180bfd6ac33c.jpg

1c72e017a84fb856b18955c99d515ddf.jpg

031162cbad5465ce79897857c7f1c053.jpg

30add5bb8489f3e75097ca3ecca5ec58.jpg

Ready for some dry wheeling.

I guess today is the day that we find out the fate of Durhamtown Tellico....

Back