• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2015 FALL FLOG - OCT 23-25th - (See new thread) Change of Venue!

Re: 2015 FALL FLOG - OCT 23-25th - Durhamtown Tellico, Murphy NC

AOP would put us out. It's double the road miles from our house, and my Suburban's fuel consumption would just be too much extra cost, especially after being on vacation the week prior.

Rolling house sucks a lot of gas huh?

I could be persuaded to drive 45 minutes to the park for the weekend.

Hey Doug what's the facilities like over there? Got any pictures? What about the trails? All I've seen are pictures of the bounty hill. Looking at the map it looks like there are a lot of hard trails. how do they compare to say what Harlan has?

Hey Doug what's the facilities like over there? Got any pictures? What about the trails? All I've seen are pictures of the bounty hill. Looking at the map it looks like there are a lot of hard trails. how do they compare to say what Harlan has?

Can't really compare the wheeling from AOP to Harlan. I prefer a park like AOP over Harlan because you are centrally located around the parking area. I've been to AOP and Harlan twice this year, I dont see myself going back to Harlan this year, but I'd be in for another AOP trip. There is a ton of hard trails there, as well as stuff for everyone.

The facilites seem really nice at AOP, but we've always stayed in the hotels. They even have a small play ground for the kids.

Last edited:

Hmm....I should be able to make this.

Always a good time at AOP.

Hmm....I should be able to make this.

Always a good time at AOP.

AOP has not been decided upon yet. It was suggested as an alternate location but they have an event that same weekend.

I'm pretty sure that no matter what, Wendy and I will have to sit the Flog out again this year unless it's gonna be at Gulches, and I know that's not gonna happen since we're riding there this weekend. It was already going to be a stretch with money for us at DT; just bad timing but we'd already had the vacation plans set long ago.

We may keep the cabin we had reserved at Crawford's and spend a quiet weekend there with Sara and go check out some of the local stuff other than 4 wheeling. It may be the last time we make it up to Murphy.

Back