• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your other car?

Picked this up last month for $600..

tossed my old junk on it..

And exactly 1 month after buying it..

Now I have a Month to shake it down, Drive it daily.. And take it to MOAB :cool:

Wheeled it during 2013 Summer Campout ... did custom rocker panel mod on FB5 ;-)

oops... moderator, sorry... this should have been posted in "What did you do to your XJ today "... could you please move it? Thanks!

Last edited:
Now I have a Month to shake it down, Drive it daily.. And take it to MOAB :cool:
Looks great! Pretty sweet deal for $600.
Got plans for armor?

Score! I wish the one I'm buying was bright red to match my XJ.

And yes Boring Dave is buying a ZJ!

Score! I wish the one I'm buying was bright red to match my XJ.

And yes Boring Dave is buying a ZJ!
I still prefer the XJ.. but I just couldn't let everything from my 5.9 part out sit under a tarp and rust over winter..

Driving this thing back and forth to work has been awesome.. It gets far better mileage then the XJ..:cheers:

I straightened the bumper, fender and core support area on the beast. then I replaced the right front wheel bearings, and after that I pulled the transfer case to reseal it. in the next week or so I want to pull the trans and replace the clutch that I have been saying needs to be done for about 3+ years.

Doesnt feel like its been 7 months.. but she's growing up fast

I should start a build thread.. Since I pretty much Married her':laugh:

got some work done on the Miata:
Finished re-installing rebuilt engine.
Slapped on the Supercharger,
put 305cc Fuel Injectors from a supra in it.
Tried to fab up my intercooler, but was unable to route the tube. correctly, though I was able to fabricate how to mount it.
Got the air/fuel guage working and mounted in the dash.

Got some work done on the '79 750GSEn. new bars, riser, changed the fork oil. did some cosmetic changes to gauge cluster (not sure if it looks better, but that big clunky guage cluster is no more), Brand new tires front and back (kind of hard to find someone to do tires around here for a fair price I think) and finally put a new chain on. Ready for the spring! now i need to learn how to make a seat, to finish my cafe transformation, and I guess get a rear set and weld those on, and I will be done with the frankenstein cafe.

Recovered it from being stolen..... again.
(well I WILL be recovering it, as soon as I find some wheels and tires.)
FML

Back