• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your other car?

Larry's the man. He's still in the shop more often than not. Funny thing is he just wrapped up mine today! lol

Yea Larry did a bigger input shaft, full set of syncro and shift forks/pads and a 5th gear nut just 2 years ago..

But something broke earlier this month and it was making a rattle inside the trans, that you can feel in the shifter.. Larry told me he thinks a gear has broke.. They are pulling it apart this week, Likely doing a full rebuild..

I won't go anywhere else.. He came highly recommended and has shown me why..

Yeah I've heard nothing but good things. His nephew is a heavy equipment mechanic, and I'd say one of the best around, so it must run in the family. If you saw some of the things Larry has built it would blow your mind! He's done 1 nv4500 and one 47re auto for me, and one nv4500 for my brother in law. He'll set it up right. The updated (fully splined) main shaft is the key/main thing.

I remember you sayin he had recently looked at it when I picked up those wheels, bummer that happend. At least it will be fixed up right now!

How's things coming on the zj?

He can, that's one of their main things is dodge diesels.
Larry Morton (503) 657-5335

Yeah, you can get a new one, and have all the same problems all over again.

If you start taking out gears it adds up fast. When Larry did my nv4500 he wouldn't buy the new gears either, he only wanted to use the original nv gears (and syncro's iirc)

Input shaft, gears, syncro's, and misc upgrades add up fast. Start throwing in a GOOD clutch and hydros and you can get to 4k pretty quick.

Yep..

Bigger clutch/flywheel/Pilot bearing ($1200 alone)
Full trans rebuild with a few upgrades (IE 5th gear nut) and a Front driveline rebuild..

Back