• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

IMAG0251.jpg

Personally I think it looks fantastic!

Man! That's a sharp truck!

Looks awesome Tyler! Always been a fan of that body style Ram, and the fact it's a Cummins makes it that much better!

Did a day trip up to the mountains today to meet my parents for lunch and wander around a bit. A couple of weeks ago I picked up some new (to me) wheels and tires for the Acura, as well as did the brake upgrade I've been wanting to do for quite some time. Been itching to take it up to the mountains since to see how it handled on twisty roads...as well as stopped. I'm very pleased with the results.

I love bolt on upgrades....

318749_10100466768204937_1332519517_n.jpg

How big are those rotors? I did something similar in an Audi once. I think wet went from 10inch to 12 inch rotors.. . that made a huge difference. I miss that car!

That's what a modded Dodge should look like... I see no signs of diesel rice. Looks great.

How big are those rotors? I did something similar in an Audi once. I think wet went from 10inch to 12 inch rotors.. . that made a huge difference. I miss that car!

I don't recall the size off hand, but it's a substantial difference and it's definitely noticed in stopping power. The brake set up is that of a Type-S, and I have a base. Thankfully, Honda was smart and used the same knuckle on both models...so all I needed was the rotors, pads, and calipers/brackets for a Type-S.

Got it put back together besides the bumper, header panel, lights etc.

New to me XJ with 141,000 miles now has new valve cover gasket, thermostat and gasket, water pump and gasket, harmonic balancer, timing set, front main seal, timing cover seal, rear main seal, oil pan seal, lower radiator hose (the upper was "just replaced" right before I got it and O'reilly's didn't have one in stock but I will be getting one just for piece of mind), heater hoses (waiting on my parts to come in to install a coolant filter, which is why I didn't put the front body pieces back on), serpentine belt, battery cables, and Optima Yellow top battery.

Next on the list for phase 1 (getting it running like new) is distributor, cap, spark plugs and wires. Anything else y'all think I should do along with this stuff?

That's what a modded Dodge should look like... I see no signs of diesel rice. Looks great.

^this! please don't make it roll coal! Next weekend my cousin and I are going to pick up my new DD with his Duramax, the car is white so I'm sure it's gonna be black by the time we get home!

Well... it WILL roll some serious coal when I want it to. It's got a Smarty S-06 on it which basically makes it fuel like a standard injection pump. The fueling is very much based on throttle position. So if I put it in 3rd gear at 10 MPH and floor it, it'll black out the road until it gets going enough to build boost! It'll do it on pretty much any tune I can load (there are a TON of options with the smarty) but the higher the power the more it can do it if I want. But under normal driving conditions it hardly smokes any. Just a slight haze usually. Oh yeah... the bigger injectors were a contributing factor to that as well.

I don't recall the size off hand, but it's a substantial difference and it's definitely noticed in stopping power. The brake set up is that of a Type-S, and I have a base. Thankfully, Honda was smart and used the same knuckle on both models...so all I needed was the rotors, pads, and calipers/brackets for a Type-S.

Mine was an A4 to A8 front rotors, and all I needed were TT caliper brackets. The A4 and A8 used the same pads... just much bigger rotor. It was a Win Win!

Took advantage of the excellent weather today and got some stuff accomplished on the vehicles. Changed the oil in the DD, topped off the A/C in the Jeep, and unsuccessfully fixed Joshooha's AC. Wrapped up the day by throwing some steaks on the grill.

Guess it's back to reality tomorrow....

Yes... in english too, not in your engineer gibberish..

What the..........who the hell is this guy?

The Commander got some new shoes today, Nitto Crossteks. I finally got to say good-bye to the good-years. I only got 27k out of the forteras, the Nitto's are 60k tires, if I get to 50k I will be happy.

elaborate....

It's not getting cold, even though the compressor is running. Pulled a vacuum on it and didn't get much out. Tried to get a can in and it wouldn't take it. My thinking is there's a clog in the system (orifice tube perhaps). I'm sure we'll tear into it soon enough and see what's wrong. Compressor sounded fine, so I don't think it's an issue there.

It's been retrofitted from R12-R134 and i'm not sure what all was swapped during the retrofit.

My thinking is there's a clog in the system (orifice tube perhaps).

It's been retrofitted from R12-R134 and i'm not sure what all was swapped during the retrofit.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's not the orifice tube. (only 'cuz the older systems didn't have one)

you need to get the system to hold 29ish inches of vacuum for a half hour before trying to charge it. If you can't get it to hold that, you're wasting $$$ on refrigerant and still not gonna get any cold air. :rattle:

Did that. And it held vacuum great! What I don't understand is, if it's truly got nothing in it...the compressor shouldn't be running at all. The high side line is getting hot like it should, but the low side line is warm, not cold. The compressor will run all day and not cycle either, indicating it's got a good charge, but my gauges gauges show otherwise.

Wasn't aware the older models didn't have an orifice tube....learn something new every day!

Did a head job on a 97 xj. Got her runnign today and apparently she still needs a waterpump.... Might have a 97 xj for sale soon.

Put some insurance on that piece and rock it as a DD for a while!

You'd have something to come to the beach with.....

Did that. And it held vacuum great! What I don't understand is, if it's truly got nothing in it...the compressor shouldn't be running at all. The high side line is getting hot like it should, but the low side line is warm, not cold. The compressor will run all day and not cycle either, indicating it's got a good charge, but my gauges gauges show otherwise.

Wasn't aware the older models didn't have an orifice tube....learn something new every day!

Does your gauges have shreader(spelling?) valves in them? I have had issues with my gauges not giving good readings and its been the valves sticking every time. I've since just removed the valves and I get truer readings.

Back