• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Under front seat powered subwoofer?

Clip:
mosin_clip.jpg

Magazine:
DSC00633.jpg

there is a difference...

I have to chime in due to all the misinformation that's been given.

I know you've all done backyard hamstalls for years, but I've been in the ham mockup business most of my life. I have a B.S. in Hamgineering and have eaten everything I've ever made. Who can say that in this business?

Now, for ham boxes you'll want a Hogilloscope. This is the only proper way to measure the low frequency waves moving through the pork. I know everyone has an opinion on glaze, ham brand, cooking method etc. Opinions are like bacon...everybody has some.

Use the Hogilloscope and measure the ham's low frequencies that you intend to reproduce under your seat. Carving the fat from the ham will raise the frequency, injecting a meat marinade high in salt will lower the frequency.

Keep in mind that the space is limited under the seat. You may have to attach hog dog ports into the ham in order to get exactly the right resonance for your application.

If you intend to have massive amplification you may need to put some spare ribs around the ham to create greater stifness.

Seems like the advice has been pretty ham-fisted by people who haven't earned their chops.

Pork.

Whoa whoa whoa. Hot dogs? This changes everything and there are too many variables for the average back yard pork enthusiast. Ball Park or Nathans? Foot long or bun size? Grilled or boiled (microwaved even?)? Condiments? That's a different story and off topic altogether. I think we have to afford to keep it simple here.

I'm having a tough time finding reasonably priced ham; I suspect America's thanksgiving is the culprit.

I contemplated using canned meats, but corned beef and tuna are better suited for colder weather. Corned beef, for example, smells like a Brazillian slaughter house at room tempurature, and a tuna melt isn't as good as it sounds when it's fused into your upholstery.

I suspect America's thanksgiving is the culprit.

Damn you Canadia, we eat turkey for thanksgiving! After thanksgiving i plan on experimenting with turkey boxes. I've heard good things over on turkeyisbetterthanham.com!

I read this thread before it went hard as a mothereffer... a whole 10 posts in. Then I came back to it after it had grown a whole two pages thinking, wow, there must be some good tech going on here.

Nope.

There was a time, back in the mid '90's, where potted meats were molded into a form and allowed to cure for several days.

The application of the meat spreads were notoriously messy. Prep time and clean up took forever and the smell of the curing meat spread would keep you out of the vehicle for days.

But I have to admit, the flexibility of a potted meat spread box allowed for some amazing designs. But we still had to use a large, uncut hunk of meat to create the form.

It took forever to get it just right and we would often end up barbecuing the cast off pieces for dinner.

Ah, the good old days...

Back