• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Under front seat powered subwoofer?

This has turned into a culinary holiday thread... and now I'm craving leftover toasted ham sandwiches for some reason. :\

To the OP, did you ever make a template for a test fit? I'm curious if it will fit, and then also what it will sound like. Nice clean bass would be my preference, not earth moving, but also not all buzzing/vibrating/poor quality. I've watched a couple youtube video reviews, but hard to really tell anything f/the ones I've seen.

Use honey baked ham, it should hold the juices in.
But with thanksgiving coming up, you should consider some turkey tweeters to balance out the sound

[]|:
=
=
=
=
[]|:

that looks kinda like yans jeep sideways in text format huh?

^ That grill's missing a few slots.

Speaking of grills - mockup the enclosure from some sliced grilled ham (to sear in the juices), slather it with some horseradish sauce so it slips under the seat better, and fashion the sub cover and base out of toasted rye bread. Now doesn't that sound good?

Every ham is different, I would recommend trying it out see how it looks
I'd like to note that any hamophile worth their salt can easily tell the difference in sound between a prosciutto enclosure and, say, a cheap imported maple glazed enclosure with incorrect bonding agents used. This is not an area to cheap out on if you value your sound equipment.

Don't fall into the trap of using cheap links either, such as Slim Jims. They can't carry the sound waves effectively as they have no 'skin' to allow the 'skin effect' conduction needed for high frequency fidelity. Only premium olive-free hog casing coil sausage should be used.

Prosciutto will definitely keep under the front seat - especially in areas where they salt their roads. A hardy Polish Kielbasa would compliment a Jeep with holes in the floor and a leaky exhaust. I wouldn't recommend blood sausage though... it's too messy and there would be too many questions if the cops pulled you over.

Prosciutto will definitely keep under the front seat - especially in areas where they salt their roads. A hardy Polish Kielbasa would compliment a Jeep with holes in the floor and a leaky exhaust. I wouldn't recommend blood sausage though... it's too messy and there would be too many questions if the cops pulled you over.
If you do end up going with the prosciutto, then definitely watch out for forkline vibes, they may end up leading to knife wobble, and you don't want that. my buddy used to get it around 4-5th bite and it was dangerous

are we talking about steering, audio, or pork? I'm not sure.

and damnit, now I'm hungry.

Scott, I can't believe you would bring up McRib in a Prosciutto thread...
That's like comparing a HF winch to Warn...

The sauce used in McRibs are far inferior to a proper meat glazing. The sauce would probably muffle the sound too much.

Ham death wobble is just no joke I hope everyone is taking this serious with the holiday season coming up. Do not stack the ham to high without a proper SYE, Sweet potato or Yam eliminator kit. Do not try to skimp out and be cheap with just dropping the cranberry sauce.

Also a plus for the McRib, being that it is not actually food, if you forget about it under the seat for a few years it will taste the same as it did when first manufactured.

Have the wife make the ham mock up they seem to be good at it...

Thanks guys ;)

Back