• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF Run: 2/21/09

well we made it to rodgers to see you guys but didnt get much farther. we just got done installing a SYE but it wasnt wanting to shift into four low, and then it would pop out and do all kinds of wierd stuff. if anyone has any ideas of what it could be before i go to leonards to get work done on it thatd be great.

Cant wait for the next run!

Well, now you know.

And knowing is half the battle!

Anyway. I wanted to thank everyone for the great fun we had on Saturday. I sure appreciate all the help fixing my brakes, the spotting for me, and for all the pointers. We both had a blast, and are itching to go out on those trails again sometime soon.

Maybe next time I'll remember to fasten down that reservoir cap... and bring a 7mm wrench... and secure my exhaust better... and secure the front sway bar :wierd: ...

Thanks again.

Well, now you know.

And knowing is half the battle!

Anyway. I wanted to thank everyone for the great fun we had on Saturday. I sure appreciate all the help fixing my brakes, the spotting for me, and for all the pointers. We both had a blast, and are itching to go out on those trails again sometime soon.

Maybe next time I'll remember to fasten down that reservoir cap... and bring a 7mm wrench... and secure my exhaust better... and secure the front sway bar :wierd: ...

Thanks again.

i think i speak for everyone when i say it was nice meeting you too. look forward to wheelin with ya again. pretty impressive driving too. . . . for a rookie :D you did Dustin's old lift proud ! :thumbup:

well we made it to rodgers to see you guys but didnt get much farther. we just got done installing a SYE but it wasnt wanting to shift into four low, and then it would pop out and do all kinds of wierd stuff. if anyone has any ideas of what it could be before i go to leonards to get work done on it thatd be great.

Cant wait for the next run!

What SYE did you put in?

I know on the HD models (PORC & AA) you sometimes have to trim off about an inch of the shift rail that extrudes through the rear case half.

Hopefully it's just your linkage though.

TheAlmightySam said:

Sam have you looked the Jeep over yet? I know we managed to scratch your rocker, but anything else?

Sam have you looked the Jeep over yet? I know we managed to scratch your rocker, but anything else?

I've got that dent on the rocker, of course, a quarter-sized scratch on the rear bumper cap from when I backed into the bank on Firebreak Five, the exhaust needs a new tip and hanger, and the engine bay needs a thorough scrubbing after all that brake fluid got everywhere. The paint's got some tree scratches, but nothing that won't buff right out.

Nothing that concerns me. Rock rails are next on the list, but between paying for architectural school, a mortgage, and keeping two cars and a Vespa running, that might take a while :) .

Still coming down off my adrenaline high :D .

What SYE did you put in?

I know on the HD models (PORC & AA) you sometimes have to trim off about an inch of the shift rail that extrudes through the rear case half.

Hopefully it's just your linkage though.

Yeah we cut that rail back so thats all good. I got the AA SYE, leonard (leonards Offroad) said that my t-case was the first one he's seen without a brass sleeve on the tranny output shaft. I dont know if that has anything to do with it but the thing is still goofed up. :banghead:

Back