• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

truggy just ate your biscuit

Re: yet another, I'm never gonna wheel it, build thread

Don't want to hi jack so this is it... but even with weight transfer your rear is absorbing some of that flex when it is being lifted, when your front was lifted it just absorbed in the rear. The angle of your axle to body details what I am describing.

You think that the style of link srt up is the sole reason for a slight imbalance ...lol...post me up the pics of all the fullbodied xj with 3 link...4 link...double tr link front that don't do exactly what you see in my pics...lol...going to be hard pressed to find them . But hey if you want to build a 3 link...4 link...double tri link front it's your choice I just don't see the benefit in the real world on the trail , And I could easily go out and for pennies buy some tubing basic bracxkets and some more joints and double tri link my front ...lol...we did it in 2012 to a friends XJ and on trail it exhibits no better climbing/traction/stability chacteristics than my radius arm front 4 link rear .

78325-dsc01680.jpg

Shyt sits pretty f-ing level in the real world when twisted up ...dang , Radius arms just do not work . I'm not trying to peddle Radius arms I think everyone builds what they want and that's cool , But I'm just saying with picture proff they work very well and do so in a very easily set up package up front on the XJ .

Last edited:

DSC01630.jpg

DSC01631.jpg

DSC01626.jpg

DSC01629.jpg

Once again seems reasonably balanced to me...lol...I really need to remember my camera on runs as this shots are getting old and the Jeep don't even look like this now .

Yeah, so back to our regularly scheduled program please.

LOL! Somebody keeps messing with the titles of this thread...... Bringing the phunnay....:roflmao:

OMG like you have any room to talk, last time you hit the trail, mullets where in style!

Intersting that when you open it for editing it show Flores being the one to change it to "yet another, I'm never going to wheel it......"

The "only pics are of somebody elses rig" build thread

SHHHHHHH WATCHING WALKING DEAD back to the interweb in a hr or so!

Re: The "only pics are of somebody elses rig" build thread

That was over hours ago.

BTW, Daryl dies in the end. :gag:

I just keep checking this out to see what the new title will be.:)

I just keep checking this out to see what the new title will be.:)

That's really the only draw at this point! Haha

build will start soon ordering more parts tomorrow and getting a locker from el presidente as soon as I can get there to pay him and get it from him!

Hey get my money from him while you are there. :gee:

One more question, MTRs or CRAWLERblue labels? Not sure my tire trade is gonna work out so I may have to buy my own! If so I'm not dead set on the BFGs! What y'all think?

which can you get for how much??? Both are a great tire.

Called Discount they said crawlers are $489 and MTRs are 377 per tire

ok so are the Krawlers 448 dollars better?

That's my question???? One thing I HATE the look of MTRs but I do realize they are awesome tire for crawlin

The crawlers are definitely a step above the MTR, but it's up to you if it's worth the money. If I were going to be driving it a lot I would go KM2 (I did, went from crawlers to km2's) or MTR. If it's more dedicated then I would go crawler.

Yea it's gonna be mostly a trail rig but I wanna be able to drive it a bit! Otherwise I'd go with stickies! Probley gonna go with crawlers blues!

ok so are the Krawlers 448 dollars better?

The question should be "are the crawlers better" because in the long run you won't care if you saved a few hundred bucks if your not happy with what you have.

If there's one thing I've learned it's to save up for exactly what you want the first time because when something breaks or doesn't work right on the trail you won't care at all how much you saved.

The question should be "are the crawlers better" because in the long run you won't care if you saved a few hundred bucks if your not happy with what you have.

If there's one thing I've learned it's to save up for exactly what you want the first time because when something breaks or doesn't work right on the trail you won't care at all how much you saved.

Great Point:kissyou::kissyou::kissyou:

Back