• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moving to the Knoxville area

XJensen

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

I am getting the family out of CA and moving to the Knoxville area near the end of Dec. Honestly considering selling my jeep to a member out here in CA because I am not sure how much I would use it out there. It also seems like most people just have sxs out there.

Is there more to do with a sxs out there or??? I have polished the jeep with almost everything you can for a mild build and it will be tough to let go....

Look forward to meeting some folks out there. Thanks for any insights or advise.

Josh

Welcome to the area. You may be hesitant about telling people around here that you’re from CA haha (kidding). There’s tons to do with a Jeep out here. I’m in the Knoxville area myself, right on the Anderson County line. We’re roughly 30 minutes from Windrock, Royal Blue, The Sandmines, 2 hours from AOP and 2 hours from Harlan. There’s a really big Jeep crowd in this area. Give me a shout when you get settled, I’d be happy to show you around.

Knoxville would put you in a major wheeling hub. There are a lot of parks with all levels of difficulty fairly close to where you are moving to.

Drew works at a 4x4 shop so he will have a lot of connections.

It seems like everyone is moving to Tennessee. I see Nevada, California, Florida, Utah, etc. tags every day on my commute to work. One of the towns I commute through (Murfreesboro) is listed as one of the fastest growing cities in the US.

Knoxville would put you in a major wheeling hub. There are a lot of parks with all levels of difficulty fairly close to where you are moving to.

Drew works at a 4x4 shop so he will have a lot of connections.

It seems like everyone is moving to Tennessee. I see Nevada, California, Florida, Utah, etc. tags every day on my commute to work. One of the towns I commute through (Murfreesboro) is listed as one of the fastest growing cities in the US.

We’ve been seeing a ton of people at work that have moved here or are in the process of moving from CA.

Welcome to the area. You may be hesitant about telling people around here that you’re from CA haha (kidding). There’s tons to do with a Jeep out here. I’m in the Knoxville area myself, right on the Anderson County line. We’re roughly 30 minutes from Windrock, Royal Blue, The Sandmines, 2 hours from AOP and 2 hours from Harlan. There’s a really big Jeep crowd in this area. Give me a shout when you get settled, I’d be happy to show you around.

Sounds good. I'll take you up on that. I'll be moving to Oak Ridge, sounds like you should be pretty close. I didn't realize how close wind rock was!

It is crazy how many have left and how many more want to. Most everyone I talk to is either planning to move, or feel stuck here. No one is happy.

My family has been traveling and planning our CA exit for the past two years. It's all finally falling into place. We hope to be our there for our first TN Christmas. Just finishing the sale of our house and the close of the new one

Sounds good. I'll take you up on that. I'll be moving to Oak Ridge, sounds like you should be pretty close. I didn't realize how close wind rock was!

Definitely. I’m maybe 20 minutes from Oak Ridge. You’ll be right at Windrock! It’s in Oliver Springs, which is just a few minutes outside of Oak Ridge.

I've lived in Ontario, Turlock and Hughson, California during my life before we moved home to Tennessee. My family originated in Fentress County, TN but Dad's job took us a lot of places.

I liked the predictability of California weather. I had a Scout II and could take the top off in the spring and reinstall it in late fall. And there was almost no humidity. That is the one thing you will have to adjust too.

Very true. The humidity sucks. The first time I went to Moab, I truly understood what “dry heat” meant. I was like “there’s no way its 110 out here. It feels like 80 back home” then several hours later I was nearly dehydrated without even realizing it.

Back