• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire dicisions

AT OR MT

• BFG AT

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • BFG KM2 MT

Votes: 24 68.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I assume you don't drive the truck on the street much? I loved the 34x9.5 SS's off road, but on road, they were borderline SCARY!

that's what I have now, and I did DD them for nearly 2 years.
Trucks current status is trailerqueen/occasional road use/broken.

87 "doesn't want to pay the SS price" manche

I'm going to have to take a hard look at how yours perform @ WF. I stay away from the deep mud mostly, so I'm not too concerned there. I want something that grips on the rocks. I always had to spin the TSL's and it resulted in a lot of chunking.

I think I'd like to stay Bias Ply though for the durability aired down.

:D im probably not the most qualified to show off there true performance

that's what I have now, and I did DD them for nearly 2 years.
Trucks current status is trailerqueen/occasional road use/broken.

87 "doesn't want to pay the SS price" manche

It might of been my uneven balance beads that made them hell on wheels haha. One thing I did notice was a mpg improvement with them over these 31x10.5s due to them being very stiff with little contact patch on the road at 40psi.

It might of been my uneven balance beads that made them hell on wheels haha. One thing I did notice was a mpg improvement with them over these 31x10.5s due to them being very stiff with little contact patch on the road at 40psi.

meh, I ran them unbalanced, they worked fine up to 70 MPH, I drove it to WF last year on the swampers.

87 "6 hours there, 6 hours back" manche

Great thread!! I was about to post same question when I found this. Have ran BFG AT's, BFG MT'S (older style), SS Truxus, and a few other AT and MT tires and agree the BFG AT's have been by far the best for DD duties espespecaily on Michigan's snowy/icey roads. Love the cool factor of the BFG KM2's but i think common sense will have to prevail. You can always grab a extra set of cheapy steel rims and a used set of tires for trail duty. Just saw a set of MT baja claws with 25% tread go for $200 on another site.

So my manager never put the order in, there was one set left at the tire place we deal with here at work and it got sold within that week

now i gotta do some calling around

whattire have you decided to go with?

I know they are not in your listed options, but if you liking the looks or function of any of the Mickey Thompson or Cepek's give Tony a call at Mayberry Farms (on of our national sponsors) and he can get smokin deals on tires. He just priced me 33x12.50x15 MT Claws at $190 each and Summit and everyone else is about $235 or higher...if you call him, tell him Tyler sent ya..he'll treat ya real good! :D

If you are not dead set on the mt's and want something a little more aggresive than an AT but done quite want the MT's I would reccommend the goodyear duratracs. You can get them from like discount tire online for $179 a tire with free shipping for 33 12.50. Have them on my yota I DD and they are wearing excellent and are quiet. Just a suggestion. Link bellow.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...=31940&counter=1&ar=1250&rd=15&sw=false&cs=33

edit: also they have a $40 rebate for them right now too.

The KM2 is what i decided on

I have thought about the mickey Thompson claws as the other MT that i wanted i will have to look into that

I might suggest the micky thompson MTZ's..they are an aggreassive mud tire but still get good milage. I had them on my TJ and put 15K or beter on them and they had 75% tread or more. They are not crazy loud and they can be rotated unlike the claws. I was just pricing claws again b/c Red Rocket has them on it and only 2 need replaced.

I ran 235 ATs at TFT run at Badlands this winter. They are a great "All Around" tire, but they leave something to be desired on the trail. For the amount of bite off road, they have surprisingly good road manners. Great for a DD/weekend warrior type rig, i just want something a little more aggressive. My next set will be of something more akin to a MT.

Side note: I recently took some pretty nasty sidewall damage, Ill have to post pics.

Just in time for all the snow

got in a set of BFT AT's 33/10.5/15

I have MTZs on my XJ right now and I love them. I thought I was dead set on my Maxxis Bighorn's when I had them. But the MTZs have out ridden and out performed the Bighorns for sure.

Back