• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JK parking brake cable on XJ JK rear axle

Hondo782

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to figure out the best way to set up the parking brake cables on a JK axle set up for a XJ . From what it looks like to me on a factory Jk axle they are clipped into a notch in the rear uper control arm mounts on a factory JK axle . I was trying to see if this is right and if so is the best option just get a set of upper control arm JK mounts or is there a better way to fab something up . I am figuring someone has done this before me and has a great soloution i might be missing .

What year xj? What are you using for brake cables?

We used 2 Door JK E-Brake cables on my son's 99 XJ. We swapped in a JK D44 and JK D30 on his rig. We welded tabs on the axle housing to capture the cable housing spring clip and then connected the other cable end into the stock XJ ebrake cable adjuster.

95 two door XJ , I was thinking about using the stock UJK cables . I think I like the idea of a bit longer cables with the lift on my jeep to have a bit more length than the stock JK .

I think I will do something like that with the stock cables and try to get a clip to hold the stock cable on the axle . How far from the barkes did you end up mounting the mount to hold the cable ?

I think I will do something like that with the stock cables and try to get a clip to hold the stock cable on the axle . How far from the barkes did you end up mounting the mount to hold the cable ?

Cable length shouldn't be an issue using the stock 2dr JK e-brake cables on a lifted XJ, my son's rig sits at 4.5" lift and there is plenty of cable length.

I don't have pictures of the location where we welded the tab on the axle to secure the ebrake cable, but if you install the 2dr JK ebrake cable, you will be able to see there the best place will be to weld on the mounting tabs.

Back