• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The official Xota build thread

When you start the new thread post a link here.... so my lazy A$$ doesn't have to search for it :p

So what happened to the wishbone? The uppers just let go? Fatigue? Insufficient material? Design flaw?

Hard to say? Probably the last two. Don't know for sure that the wishbone is what caused the accident. Just suddenly had death wobble at about 55mph and a second or to later the vehicle was going hard to the left and into the rail. I was braking hard so I probably hit it at about 45mph. The wishbone had about a hundred miles of driving on it with no problems up until then.

After the accident, everything was so mangled that attached to the front housing, that it's hard to tell what broke loose first.

But it was a pretty radical design and not something I'll attempt again on a street driven rig. Or on anything for that matter!

But it was a pretty radical design

square-root.png

wow, that's pretty horrific crash, but glad to see he's fine and no one was hurt.

But it was a pretty radical design and not something I'll attempt again on a street driven rig. Or on anything for that matter!

A couple of socal guys have run that same design with reasonable luck; one even managed to do it with mechanical steering.

I don't know that I'd ever have the balls to try it myself. It worked well on the trail, but both said they got good sway on the highway.

Back