• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The official Xota build thread

Thank God I had to stay up late tonight anyway... 21 pages is a lot of information to absorb! Absolutely amazing job, I hope its worth it to you and you aren't just sick of the truck! I think an underbed storage compartment and a round-pipe rail would definately finish off and clean up the appearance of the rear. Glad to see something like this coming full circle!

Thanks!

I have a few updates for this build

DIY beadlocks were done a couple months ago, but I mostly drive on my street tires and wheels.

Here's the build on those
http://www.rockfrogs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=591&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Dsc02442.jpg

I've been working this last few weeks getting ready for Moab trip 3/23/07

I got the underbed box and the cover done, the space where the anti-freeze bottle is, is built for my CO2 bottle.
Dsc02517.jpg

Here it is in progress
Dsc02506.jpg

In the front part i have two front axles packed down in there and alot of little stuff packed around them
Dsc02518.jpg

I'll take off the bolted down alum. tool box and leave it at camp. After I get back i'll build a bed cover for the back part of the bed.
Dsc02519.jpg

Re-did the front bumper to get a little more clearance
Dsc02432.jpg

Finally put in the vinyl carpet. It fits pretty good but my modified trans. tunnel is different then the stock Toyota so it's not perfect. I also have the XJ console in place, pass. seat is out temporarily for more room on the trip.
Dsc02499.jpg

High steer knuckles are in place, not shown are the BTF high steer arms and I have Parts Mike TRE's and links built. But I didn't get time to install it all before this posting.
Dsc02402.jpg

I just spent the last hour reading this thread and I have to say that is some of the best fabrication work I have ever seen. Keep up the good work!:wave1:

That is so sweet man. Very awesome build and excellent work. But i was wondering through the whole thing, why not just buy an MJ? Is it not practically the same thing you built?

Very good job , I love it. I am a toyota guy that has come over to jeeps. And think this one of the coolest projects I have seen.

And that front clip is insane.....

91 Jeep Project said:
Hey Terry, did you ever redo that crossmember that hung ya up so bad last year?

Yep that got redone a lot flatter and there's a big skid plate built underneath now

Steve97TJ said:
That is so sweet man. Very awesome build and excellent work. But i was wondering through the whole thing, why not just buy an MJ? Is it not practically the same thing you built?

Oh sure now you tell me......DOH!!!!!

Finally got to see this thing in person! I was with the group on Golden Spike where the Scrambler's driveshaft was twisted apart. Looks even better in real life man, awesome job.

Extremely nice fab work, it looks awesome. Though i would tell the yota guys that while their rigs rust away to the shotty sheet metal toyota built them with(if theres original metal anywhere on them that is), and the 22re is all thats left, at least our cherocars will be tearin it up on the trail

Vanquish said:
You couldnt just buy a commanche?!?!
then what would be the point of ADVANCED FAB AND ENGINEERING?? :laugh3:

Back