• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I was bummed John beat me to that Renix that wouldn't pass smog...

Anak

Stranger
NAXJA Member
But I have gotten over it.

This followed me home today:

63Willys1OPT.jpg

63Willys7OPT.jpg

Hardly any rust at the bottom of the tailgate:

63Willys8OPT.jpg

Worst it has is this wheel arch:

63Willys10OPT.jpg

It has all the right things wrong with it.

Previous owner repainted it red and then tried to make it look like a woody. So it needs paint. Nothing lost by me wanting to turn it white.

Current drivetrain is a SBC that barely ran when last tried, and is poorly mated to some Jeep manual trans. Nothing lost if I LS swap it.

Interior is in pretty poor shape, so again, nothing lost if I re-do everything to suit my own preferences.

The body and frame appear to be pretty much straight and solid. Those are the parts that matter.

I figure it is just an early form of the XJ. But with a frame. Objective is to turn it into a nice daily driver, much like Scope Creep.

It would probably save me a chunk of coin if I were to trade, but I have wanted one of these for a long time.

It would probably save me a chunk of coin if I were to trade, but I have wanted one of these for a long time.

You and me both. Looks like fun, Tom. Lots and lots and lots and lots of fun.

Back