• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Just got back from Rausch, spent all day tuning rigs with Wayne from Alltech (west coast shock guru guy).

I have a whole new outlook on this stuff. We took a shit rig that drove like ass and turned it into the most compliant, controllable, comfortable rig I've ever ridden in. The driver doesn't know how good it is and he's too much of a newb to drive it to its new potential...I wanted to rip him out of the driver seat and stand on the throttle over stuff that used to scare the shit out of me.

Throw away the valving charts (yes, even Joel's), throw away the coilover/spring rate bible...there's some cool shit I learned today. Can't wait to have my own rig to do this stuff on. :laugh:

even joel's? well, shit.

And there's a cool way around that.

flutter stacks? or am i in over my head here?

What does everyone like for a battery? My yellow top finally shit the bed.

I'm thinking die hard platinum.

deka. only battery i'll ever run. they rock.

Well let me know.

I'll be ready to buy one on Thursday at the earliest.

For now I have the battery out of one of the other 440 vehicles in our driveway :laugh:

Never heard of them. Where do you get them?

i get them at auto barn, a LI chain. closest to you looks like..

East Penn Manufacturing Co., Inc.
24 Appian Way
Smithfield, RI 02917

ran one in my green jeep for 4.5 years, discharged it fully a few times, drove home on it at night for 2 hours when my alternator died, when i parted my jeep a friend took the battery for his cherokee and used it for another 2 years. bought another one for this jeep.

I got a badass new platinum I might sell you. I bought two for the Dirtymax but the posts are backwards. I haven't tried to go back to sears yet to see if I can swap them.

Batts dead? Darn, I still have the factory AC Delcos in mine.

Did you get the wrong batts, or do the Platinums not fit? Those were what I was thinking when I do need to swap batteries (hopefully, knock on wood, not anytime soon).

might be joining the two wheel crew soon. the lady's dad has a china made honda cb250 copy collecting dust in his boatshed that a friend of his bought a couple years ago and has been sitting for 2 years. he's tired of it sitting and not getting ridden (he rides) and is gonna toss a battery in it, change the oil, and clean the carbs out and told me that i'm riding it. i just cant tell my mom.. lol

Anyone else finding seniorxj's temper tantrum hilarious?
I remember when he threatened me and Ken. Good times.

how to fix death wobble = tighten down that stupid bolt on top of the steering box til you start to feel a little resistance.
I did that... didn't help. Actually I think I tightened it too much since my steering is a tad tight once in a while. going to loosen the sector shaft and try to tighten the input shaft to see if that is my trouble tomorrow :dunno: otherwise I'll give up and just drive it.

What does everyone like for a battery? My yellow top finally shit the bed.

I'm thinking die hard platinum.
It's probably rubbish but I've been running an autozone special for the past god-knows-how-many years (approx 7 years IIRC). Every time it dies they replace it for pretty cheap (either under warranty or their prorated discount plan thing). If it ever costs me more than $40 to replace it I'll probably buy a decent quality battery but until then, XXXX it

Last edited:

I did that... didn't help. Actually I think I tightened it too much since my steering is a tad tight once in a while. going to loosen the sector shaft and try to tighten the input shaft to see if that is my trouble tomorrow :dunno: otherwise I'll give up and just drive it.

you have an entirely different front end. if you tighten them too much your wheel wont return to center as easy and you will wear it out prematurely. mines all ready worn giving me the issue, this is only a temp fix til i get a new box.

Anyone else finding seniorxj's temper tantrum hilarious?
link/screenshots if deleted? I missed it, that kid needs a chill pill and about 50 IQ points

Batts dead? Darn, I still have the factory AC Delcos in mine.

Did you get the wrong batts, or do the Platinums not fit? Those were what I was thinking when I do need to swap batteries (hopefully, knock on wood, not anytime soon).

Its still got the factory ac delcos with 170k. Went thru a short time when it was having a drain/won't start, but I believe it was the connections.

I got the ones sears listed for the truck. They fit perfect, just reversed posts and can't swap the cables around.

Why not just run non-greasable joints?

Although I know non greaseables are stronger, and I prefer to run them in axle shafts, I like having greaseable driveshafts. And I need some for stuff other then my jeep. I'm not even sure if there's a non greaseable Spicer 1310, maybe the lifetime versions?

Although I know non greaseables are stronger, and I prefer to run them in axle shafts, I like having greaseable driveshafts. And I need some for stuff other then my jeep. I'm not even sure if there's a non greaseable Spicer 1310, maybe the lifetime versions?

Yes there is, that's all I ever ran...be honest, how often are you really gonna grease those driveshaft joints?

Spicer and Precision both make them and the non-greaseable ones are actually what are called out in most catalogs for the CV anyway.

I grease my shafts all the time :gee:

If/when my brand new greaseable 1310's break, maybe ill go to the non greaseable ones

Back