• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Terrehautian's where I have been, where I want to go, how do I get there build thread

Re: Terrehautian's where I have been, where I want to go, how do I get there buil...

Adam give me 2k and the jeep for a week it will leave w a three link front relocation brackets in the rear and on new springs and shocks all the way around. Oh yea it will be a 3" kit. Then you can put whatever tires and wheels you want on it.

Btw you can stay and help but cost goes up to 3k and if you think I am joking I am not and even told a good friend of mine on here the same thing about price going up if he helps.

It really is this easy. "Hey Brian, here's a wad of cash these are the few things I want....have fun with the rest"......it worked for me!

Re: Terrehautian's where I have been, where I want to go, how do I get there buil...

Adam give me 2k and the jeep for a week it will leave w a three link front relocation brackets in the rear and on new springs and shocks all the way around. Oh yea it will be a 3" kit. Then you can put whatever tires and wheels you want on it.

Btw you can stay and help but cost goes up to 3k and if you think I am joking I am not and even told a good friend of mine on here the same thing about price going up if he helps.

this is the best piece of advice so far in this thread...

you get an extremely capable lift installed and don't have to do anything except drop off and pick up you jeep...then use your other $1500 for wheels and tires...done. it with be 20 times better than buying an iron rock, rc or re lift and paying shop to install it

This is the best deal for you TH. 3-4 hour drive isn't bad. the jeep will be done and done right. honestly if you were to have a shop do it around you. it would probably cost about the same and have some flaws.

buying a built one is also good advice. i wish i would have done that...

I left out the main stiffeners in that as well....they would be on there when you picked it up as well.

Adam I'll give you $500 for your jeep. For the $4000 you'd have now to spend you can find a nice already built one like has been suggested.

mac 'it's taken me 15 years to get a full tool box...and it's still growing' gyvr

Terrehautian's where I have been, where I want to go, how do I get there buil...

May as well buy that JK he always talks about

k "hasta" man

Thats what he really needs, a more complicated vehicle.

That would result in a different forum/club. :worship:

Buy the jk

Hahahaha!!!!

Really though lots of good advice in this tread. Stop replying until you have progress pix. Everyone keeps telling you the same crap over and over. Do it or don't. Just please stop replying with the same damn questions.

I've read through this entire thread. Lots a great info in here. When Adam first came to naxja I messaged him and invited him to come to my place to help him change the fluid in his tcase. Needless to say I changed the fluid for him. After reading on here some other posts, mainly the ones related to the first winter fest where he did not officially run with the group because the lack of tow points I learned early he was the type to take what he could get. Apparently he is ordering an IRO 4" kit today or tomorrow by his post on another forum I am on that he is as well.

Just in case some others haven't seen on facebook.

Need to do bumpers (got this set up for the weekend after I get back from vacation), fix headliner, redo front brakes, have windshield replace, get CB antenna (non magnet) and replace thermostat (tstat is more a comfort before winter thing). Also, due to tires being wider then my old ones (which were wider then my stock ones), I am getting new rims in October. I figured there would be full lock issues and the stock rims are pretty much crap anyway. I also need to have a new spare put on (though I mentioned it three or four times at the tire shop, they neglected to order one and I leave for vacation Saturday).

I got to say, I love the way it rides now. Didn't realize how shot my old suspension was. If I wasn't working, probably would have left the tire shop and went straight to badlands. The urge to drive it almost daily is back again and I can't wait to see what it will look like after everything is said and done for this phase. In the end, it cost me a bit more then I wanted to spend and I should have taken Brian up on his deal, but life goes on.

I will also add, yes, I went with Goodyear MTR's. After seeing how a friends Jeep did off road with them, I liked them. Snow reviews are mixed, but I have six miles round trip to and from work if it snows, it shouldn't be an issue for me.

When we picked it up, my wife noticed the XJ and said that looks awesome. I can't wait to let her actually do some wheeling in it.

So I need a adjustable track bar now. I looked at three online. Rough Country for around 130 plus shipping. Rubicon express for around 165 and a IRO double shear for 180. Is the higher priced ones much better for my needs or will the RC one do alright?

So I need a adjustable track bar now. I looked at three online. Rough Country for around 130 plus shipping. Rubicon express for around 165 and a IRO double shear for 180. Is the higher priced ones much better for my needs or will the RC one do alright?

Get the IRO one.

FWIW, used ones do pop up in the fs/ft thread from time to time. You can usually score a deal there.

In any case, do not get one that uses a tie-rod end, no matter how 'beefy' the manufacturer claims it is.

I've been running a rusty's heavy-duty adjustable TB for a couple years and it's held up well. I think I got it off the fs/ft thread.

But between the three options you inquired about, I'd go with the IRO unit.

I have the IRO double sheer and have not had any problems with it.

Back