• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sound deadening and insultaion.

i just noticed your side panel there, got some more info on that? I've never seen anything like it in an XJ.

I built it for my amp, made from mdf.

PB300019.jpg

installed,

P1010063.jpg

The hole in the back lines up with the flow through vent system that exits out the tail light.
I added a 4 inch fan on the backside of the vent for air flow over the amp.

Just ordered 80 sqft of Regular Damp, 40 mils w/black 6.5 mil foil. 20 sqft of Alpha Damp which is 60 mils thick inluding a 10 mil foil. Gonna put the Alpha damp at my feet and cover as much as possible everywhere else. What areas should I start to yield the best results?

I'd like to see some pics of peoples Damp installs for some encouragement to give it hell.

Got around to installing the damp on the floors. I had a hole under the driverside seat, I put a layer of the alpha damp top and bottom there. I'm going to coat the bottom with some U-Pol Raptor next weekend. Check it.....

9-3-11004.jpg

9-3-11006.jpg

9-3-11013.jpg

Underneath before I put the damp on

9-3-11011.jpg

I had patched the floor 2 years ago the hole pictured above was beyond the patch. I know it's cobbed but I plan on welding some plate from the 2x6 rocker to the "frame" so I'll eventually be covering it anyhow. Let the :flame: begin.

Back