• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ecomike has a new tool toy!

Ecomike

NAXJA# 2091
NAXJA Member
jealousy doesn't work very well on the interwebs, but if I say something akin to "I hate you, you suck" rest assured it's only jealousy and not a personal attack.:bawl:

I've wanted one for years and never realized it could be had for that cheap-- I think I'm off to find a new toy too :peace:

nice!

I was eyeing that pretty hard when I was in there for a laser level, decided I needed other stuff more though.

I had been eyeing it since they first came out, 6-9 months or so back. Just needed a project to trip the buy button. I lost a manual valve part in the dark under the hood the other day, with the cover off of the Transmission :gag: on the Saturn SL1 (2001) we bought late last year. It disappeared into a Fringe alternate universe or a Star gate black hole. 4 hours, 4 people have searched with lighted magnetic snakes even.

I was replacing the valve body.

I am hoping to not have to remove the entire drive train and tear open the TAAT transmission.

Only thing that could be better is the head could be smaller. It is about 3/8" OD and nearly 2" long, solid head, limits access to tight places. Milwalkee (sp?) has one that has memory and USB for archiving, but is nearly $400, then they jump to over $2000 for the fiber optic stuff.

I was able to access and see hidden parts of the guts of the transmission last night which was good, but no sign of the missing parts.

We have one of the Snapon bore scopes at work and the little thing is amazing, and its meant for small spaces. The cord is about 3/16 and the body is only about 1/4x1.5 inches. It has saved us hours of diagnostic and test fitting work. Its one of those tools that once you have it you ask yourself why it took you so long to buy.
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item...group_ID=21604&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

They do make a basic one that does not take pictures or record video for half the price.

We have one of the Snapon bore scopes at work and the little thing is amazing, and its meant for small spaces. The cord is about 3/16 and the body is only about 1/4x1.5 inches. It has saved us hours of diagnostic and test fitting work. Its one of those tools that once you have it you ask yourself why it took you so long to buy.
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item...group_ID=21604&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

They do make a basic one that does not take pictures or record video for half the price.
awesome but :shocked::shocked: more than my MJ cost me

Back