• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Kobalt 11-Piece 3/8" Drive 12-Point Socket Set $10

Original_MudButt

NAXJA Forum User
Your choice of SAE or metric. Free shipping to the store.

I have no idea as to the quality of these.

They are saying on Fatwallet that they are the same price in store. They are also saying there are a lot of great deals on other tools in store for father's day.

If it shows the regular price of $27, add 1 to the cart. It will then ask for your zip code and should reduce the price down to $10. If not try a different store and/or zip code.

YMMV....

SAE
http://www.lowes.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?la...

Metric
http://www.lowes.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?la...

Last edited:
Hmmmm....may have to pop into Lowes this weekend and have a look.

These sales usually get my wallet into trouble. Last year this time I walked in looking for a simple bolt and walked out with $50 of tools that I got for next to nothing.

a $10 ratchet set is worse than having no tools at all.... its a false sense of security.

i have the 99peice husky set in every jeep, it has a full socket set (no bullshit, like a missing 14mm socket) including deep's and 12points, and open end wrench's.

the first thing to wear out, is the case, so when they get old, i buy a new set, and move the oldest set to another vehicle.... my buddy keeps that set in his jeep, try doing repairs with it, and you might be tempted to throw it into traffic...

that set look like its a decent set for sockets. as long as its the kobalt ones they have lifetime warranty. sockets are all the same. as long as you have a ltw. i usually try to have better ratchets though. but then again i have broken cm snapon and mac just the same as a cheapie. warranty= take back to store and get a new one.

that set look like its a decent set for sockets. as long as its the kobalt ones they have lifetime warranty. sockets are all the same. as long as you have a ltw. i usually try to have better ratchets though. but then again i have broken cm snapon and mac just the same as a cheapie. warranty= take back to store and get a new one.

I certainly like having a warranty but I would rather have a higher quality tool than deal with warranties. I mean if I am in the middle of a project I don't want to have to stop and drive to a store to replace a tool to continue working. So, for me I would gladly pay more up front to hedge my bet of not breaking a tool mid-job.

i never owned 'quality' tools, until i picked up a set of gear wrenches a few weeks ago.. never had a problem wrenching for years with a 75 dollar set of husky sockets. two of my buddies work on industrial equipment for a living and are using 'cummins' brand impact sockets they got for 20 bucks a set at their school and they work awesome. as long as its name brand (not harbor freight or kmart) its fine imho. yes there are nice snap on tools that make jobs a lot easier, but theyre not necessary.

Most of my tools and sockets are a combination of craftsman, kobalt pittsburgh and even some cheapy shop force that I picked up super cheap at Meijer. It all depends on what you're doing with your tools, I'm a weekend warrior, I do 90% of my own work, I tinker as much as I can...I've never had a problem with my tools. The only time I've broken a tool is when I've pushed it too far....but I've broken quality tools that way too.

If I worked everyday with my tools 8 hours per day and made money with them I'd consider purchasing snap on, or matco, or something of that nature. But for me and IMO for most home owners that just like to work on their own stuff, Kobalt and the like are MORE than sufficient and will do the job just fine.

hey guys got a set of these in store... deep well complete set for ten bucks was hard to beat! I am never to the point of breaking sockets so these will suit my needs... Lowes will warranty your product as long as they make it or have it in stock! So since the kobalt stuff gets changed out periodically you take a chance...

Was in today buying stuff for work...it was very tempting to pick up a bunch of the deals they had going and charge them to work.

My store only had SAE in stock, no metric...not even a spot for them.

Back