• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Kobalt air tools?

rvmccarthy

NAXJA Forum User
Thinking about getting this set for wrenching on my Jeep. I'm also interested in their spray gun kit as well if it's decent quality and if it will also shoot bedliner (might be bedlining my interior).

Anyone used the Kobalt air tools? I'm not going to use these to make a living, but I do appreciate good quality. Mostly I just want to be sure those will have enough torque to deal with anything the XJ throws at me. I'm especially looking forward to having an air ratchet, so long as it has the oomph. :D

I only have a small 200psi 8gallon compressor now (use it for my nail guns, blowing out my computer etc.) but am planning on upgrading when I can. I don't mind taking frequent breaks to let the compressor fill. Breaks are when you eat pizza and drink beer.

I know spraying the Jeep will require a significantly larger compressor, as well as dryer etc.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Should be fine for most everything

Edit: as for shooting bedliner, just get the raptorliner kit that comes with the gun. It makes things stupid easy

I heard the Raptor kit is great, but I was leaning towards using Monstaliner. I guess if I do that I'll just roll it in. It's just for the interior so it doesn't have to be perfect. If I decide to do the exterior, that's when I need to be able to spray and I don't want to drop a ton of coin for the gun and basic accessories. I'd rather buy more parts for the Jeep!

I can barely spray paint, and have done 2 vehicles now with the spray in raptorliner. Came out looking professional, and that was certainly not due to my painting abilities

Back